Snow in the mountains

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
Last year I was still riding at the end of November. Today (Oct. 15) we're getting snow. Time to stabilize the fuel tank and put down the center stand for a few months. Dammit! :(

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ugh.... don't remind me, please! I recently bought Firstgear Kilimanjaro and HT pants, plus winter gloves and i'm actively ignoring the cold, but the snow will bring me back to reality :(

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Getting nasty here too... No snow yet, but frost on most mornings now. I had to scrape the car with a credit card because I couldn't find my darn snow-brush! I will be changing the oil and putting my Fizzer to bed likely this weekend, or next at the latest. I hate this time of year! :D

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow thats Nut's!! the weather has been crazy all year long....we had the hottest summer in a 100 years and now it looks like the makeings of the coldest winter!! :spank:

Adirondack Jack

Reaction score
Visit site
An hour or so later.
"This ain't no drill, people! I want you all to run out and buy milk and batteries (lord knows why we do that)...oh...and beer. Lotsa beer! And pretzels. And maybe some Bugles. I'd better make a list.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Coming from the northeast, I sometimes miss the snow but not the long winters.

templar

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup. ‎9" of snow at Lake Placid/Killington!!! The ski freaks are slobbering like Pavlov's dog.

Down here in the Finger Lakes there's been two hard frosts, cold rain and wind.
Just bought a pair of wind/rain pants. I'll ride until ice and snow hits the roads.

Adirondack Jack

Reaction score
Visit site
UPDATE:
Now it's rain/sleet here. We did get a few inches of snow but it'll be gone by tomorrow afternoon. The usual wrecks from the tourists (from NJ mostly...sorry but it's true) with bad tires, bad judgment and bad ass trucks or cars that look like they can handle it. Not.
The good news is that tomorrow is the opening day of muzzle loading season. Lots of tracking snow for us hunters. :thumbup:eek:fsnow

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
An hour or so later.
"This ain't no drill, people! I want you all to run out and buy milk and batteries (lord knows why we do that)...oh...and beer. Lotsa beer! And pretzels. And maybe some Bugles. I'd better make a list.

LOL!!! :rof: :rof: :rof:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mid-seventies here this afternoon, gorgeous ride with lots of turning leaves. It's normally much colder here by this time.
I do not put my bike away for the winter, however. Last December was the first month I didn't get my bike out at least once since 2007 (and that was more job-related than anything). As long as the roads are clear and it's above 24 F, I'm riding! :rockon:

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It was 25 here this morning. Had to use a CD case (Bon Jovi) to scrape the windshield 'cause my ice scraper is uh.. missing, my stupid concrete truck had frozen water lines for most of the morning, so that was a fun day at work. It turned fairly nice later though. Yesterday the wind gusted to 60 mph! I LOVE MONTANA!!!!