snow + credit crunch

bledubd

FZ6 Naked Epiphany
Reaction score
Visit site
just when I got a new short term contract, the snow comes down. And in London it means services grind to a halt. Hopefully the public transport will be up and running tomorrow when I am supposed to start work.

Saddened that the FZ6 might have to be kept under covers for a bit longer. After having left it behind for 4 months while I was sorjourning on the Isle of Man I am gutted I can't commute to work.

3247639624_2b9f041eb0.jpg

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I watched some council guy on the TV saying "Well we did salt the roads yesterday. But then the snow came so we are all stuck, etc, etc"

I am in Scandanavia...I have only been snowed in for 1 day in 6 years and I live out in the sticks. We expect snow here, even if it does not arrive. British authorities are just really useless.

Steve

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn global warming..

Does London get snow every year?

Yes it happens every year, but it's always unexpected by the councils, even though it's been on the news for the last week that it was coming. So unexpected, and they'll run out of road salt as the first flake hits the ground. Same as the rest of the UK totally unprepared for a yearly event *shrug*

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
Here in British Columbia the snow always comes on hard, so getting to work really is not a problem, we had 14 inches of snow the other week, my wife drives a Cobalt with winter tires, off she went to work without a care in the world...as for me I just rolled over and went back to sleep!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey bluedubd, did you get to work??? I commute from near Reading to Winchester, most of it back roads. managed to get in OK yesterday and today (4 wheels not 2). Was a bit slippy though!

bledubd

FZ6 Naked Epiphany
Reaction score
Visit site
I had to use the overcrowded trains to get into work yesterday but the person I was supposed to meet did not turn up because of the weather so I had to go back home.