Snow coming....FINALLY

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
And there was much rejoicing in the mountains. Kinda. yay.
12-18" predicted for northern NY. It'll be good for the ski areas. They are definitely hurting. It'll be interesting for anyone who just rescued a dog from SC who's never seen snow in his young life. The dog, I mean. Yep- That would be me! I have to say that watching him chasing snow flakes this morning was pretty goddam funny.
Time to crank up the heat, open a beer, and hunker down for a day or so. I'll keep you posted! :rockon:

Adirondack Jack

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL! Here I sit approx. 14 miles from the site of the 1980 Olympics and I have to tell you....we trucked snow too. Great job, Vancouver! Whether you love the atmosphere or you hate it......it's cool to say you were there. Especially so when it gets to 30 years ago! :cheer:

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh man i need to upload pics. I'm the around the same distance as you were. I've gone downtown 5 nights so far. I'm young and I love the idea of experiencing this at this age. PLUS, I have gold medal hockey tickets :)

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
Im confused... hasnt it been snowing almost everywhere in the US for the last 2 weeks?

Are you saying that this is the first snow you have gotten this season in upstate NY?

Adirondack Jack

Reaction score
Visit site
Not the ONLY snow. But I've been looking at half of the grass on my lawn for weeks. Whiteface Mt. and Gore Mt. ski areas can make snow, and it's been cold enough to do that, but the smaller ski areas are hurting. Just a weird winter even though we're at a higher elevation here. I will say that Lake Placid and Tupper Lake NY have had more snow than most locally.
Making up for it now, though. 10" on the ground and it continues to fall. The good news for riders is that the sun is high in the sky and if it shines....it melts!

Adirondack Jack

Reaction score
Visit site
22" on the ground now. Another 6" predicted before morning. No school for 2 days. It's a wet, heavy snow. Had the generator on for about 5 hrs. today waiting for the power co. to get some lines back up. I didn't put it away. Good thing Lights are flickering again and the local cable is out. Oh....did I mention predicted 55 mph winds from 9PM to 3AM? We're screwed. And I can't watch the Games. :thumbdown: