Slow can be incredibly fun

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK maybe not slow, but coming from FJR and FZ1, my new to me V-Strom 1000 is very ... unfast. Heck, it would probably lose to FZ6 in a drag race, BUT.. that low end torque makes it SO much fun to ride! Cruise casually at 3k rpm (or even slightly lower), twist the throttle and the thing just goes! Kicking the tail out on dirt roads using throttle is effortless. Really makes me smile. Oh and the V-twin sound is a nice bonus (I slapped a Delkevic pipe on it.. not loud at all, but a bit deeper than stock).

vs1.jpg

Attachments

• vs1.jpg
    vs1.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 32

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
You found a solid match with that bike :thumbup:

Who doesn't love the sound of a V-twin? Does it have a nice overrun burble with your Delkevic pipe?

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I was expecting/ hoping you were posting about a Grom, haha. had a guy offer me a 300 mile 2017 Grom in trade for my FZ6 - I actually told him I'd take the trade, but he ended up selling it instead.

Nice bike. I demo'd one a couple years ago, i remember that it definitely didn't feel as fast as it actually was.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You found a solid match with that bike :thumbup:

Who doesn't love the sound of a V-twin? Does it have a nice overrun burble with your Delkevic pipe?

Rolling off aggressively = cannons firing! hahahah

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was expecting/ hoping you were posting about a Grom, haha. had a guy offer me a 300 mile 2017 Grom in trade for my FZ6 - I actually told him I'd take the trade, but he ended up selling it instead.

Nice bike. I demo'd one a couple years ago, i remember that it definitely didn't feel as fast as it actually was.

lol Groms are super fun! I use them when I couch and I did consider getting one and setting it up for offroad use. Might still do that!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't care if it's slower than a jet fighter, That is a sweet bike and you could ride out west from the east on that! :rockon:

bigborer

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats for the new bike!

Be careful- it's actually faster than you feel it while driving. V2s deliver the power in a much more linear (and flatter, less exciting) manner, they are called "sneaky fast" for a reason. Yesterday I caught myself doing almost 190kmh on the VTR1000 after an overtaking (!) - started at ~4000rpm and ended at ~9000rpm. Could have sworn I was doing ~140kmh.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats for the new bike!

Be careful- it's actually faster than you feel it while driving. V2s deliver the power in a much more linear (and flatter, less exciting) manner, they are called "sneaky fast" for a reason. Yesterday I caught myself doing almost 190kmh on the VTR1000 after an overtaking (!) - started at ~4000rpm and ended at ~9000rpm. Could have sworn I was doing ~140kmh.

Hahahah yes that can happen, but coming from FJR... it's still "slow" lol

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK maybe not slow, but coming from FJR and FZ1, my new to me V-Strom 1000 is very ... unfast. Heck, it would probably lose to FZ6 in a drag race, BUT.. that low end torque makes it SO much fun to ride! Cruise casually at 3k rpm (or even slightly lower), twist the throttle and the thing just goes! Kicking the tail out on dirt roads using throttle is effortless. Really makes me smile. Oh and the V-twin sound is a nice bonus (I slapped a Delkevic pipe on it.. not loud at all, but a bit deeper than stock).

vs1.jpg

Nice bike Eric, one of the reasons I love my Tracer (FJ-09) is that it pulls in every gear and at any revs, making it more practical than the FZ-6. Although I used to enjoy running in the high rev range of the fazer, when it was nice weather.
Have fun :)