single headlight into duals

beachbums86

Reaction score
Visit site
i really don't like how only one headlight comes on unless the highbeams are on. i've seen on other bikes a conversion kit that makes both headlights come on all the time. is that possible or should i just leave the highbeams on all the time lol i'm riding a 2009 fz6

Last edited:

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
i really don't like how only one headlight comes on unless the highbeams are on. i've seen on other bikes a conversion kit that makes both headlights come on all the time. is that possible or should i just leave the highbeams on all the time lol i'm riding a 2009 fz6

Use the search tool on this site. I'm fairly certain that you will find more than one thread on the subject. It's very possible, my bike has it. I purchased it that way but I've seen the thread here.

Dartanubis

Reaction score
Visit site
with this mod can i flick or shut one headlight off? because when someone is waiting to turn i flick my switch to warn them that they see me.

No its a dual headlight mod meaning both headlights will always be on when you flick the high beam you will just have the right side go into "brights" so you can still "flash" people.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
I originally wired mine in parallel with the other light but then did the Motogiro mod. Much nicer and can ride at night with the brights on without concern of overloading or melting the housing. If you just parallel the low beams it is OK till you go to brights - then you have both the high and low beam on (can't remember which side it is) in the high beam side. Overload of the circuit, toooooooo much heat resulting in reshaping of the plastic housing and reduced bulb life. The BD43 and Motogiro kits solve the problem. The Motogiro kit was very well labeled and came with all the necessary parts so all you need are basic tools although it does help to have a crimp tool.