Signal light is not working, please help

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2008 FZ6 and the previous owner put LED signal lights on the bike. I also noticed that he did the fender eliminator but it does not have a license plate light so I am going to put the stock fender back on so it will pass inspection.

I noticed this evening that one of the rear led signal lights is not working. I checked the fuses and they all look fine so do you think it is just a bad signal light and it needs replaced or do I need to look for something else? I am hoping it is as simple as just swapping out that signal light. Since there are led signal lights on there now I assume I will have to stick with another set of led signal lights since he most likely replaced the relays to work with the led's?

Also, on the stock fender, there are 2 wires for the lisc plate light, both black so i assume when i stick the stock fender back on it does not matter which wire goes where since they are both black?

I hope he did not do a hack job on the wiring. Thanks.

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You said that you checked the fuses, but did you check the wiring to make sure the connections are good? IIRC, the black wires don't matter which side you connect them on.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You said that you checked the fuses, but did you check the wiring to make sure the connections are good? IIRC, the black wires don't matter which side you connect them on.

i will check tomorrow evening. i am pretty sure they were all working earlier today and now only the left side blinks front and rear and the right side blinks front but does not blink rear.