sick and tired of puig

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
i am sick and tired of the doggone turbulence, it doesnt block SH!T for wind/bugs/debris, and i think it makes the bike look like something the wicked witch of the west would ride in the wizard of oz!!!!!!

042908_almira_gulch_rell.jpg

ok maybe it doesnt look that bad but seriosuly, i am going outside right now to cut my stock shield down and put it on. everytime i get on buddies r6's/1's i am in heaven and it doesnt feel like my head is going to come flying off...

given i am 6'2'' maybe it was a bad decision to buy the puig in the first place, seriously though doesnt block anything for me, had to pull over twice on a 150 mile ride this wknd to clean my face shield off on my helmet :(

will post pics...

2884736865_11237cee21.jpg

2885573006_d52cb73ce6.jpg

2884736639_579752b7c5.jpg

2885572806_4bf718a82d.jpg

before and after...yay!

Last edited:

kemmer

Reaction score
Visit site
Dag yo, I was thinking of buying one of these to give it a shot. I rode my FZ6 about 2500 miles last week and the only thing I really wanted was a bit more wind protetion. I didn't even mind the stock seat. I'll buy that thing off you anyway just to give it a try if you're sellin'.

FlyguyCFI

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you put the laminar lip on the puig?

Im 6'4" and it works AWESOME for me. Very strange it doesn't work for you...

No windscreen is going to block bugs very well. Mine does a great job with turbulence though. Best of luck to ya!:thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Out of hundrreds of PUIG owners, I think you are the first rider who is not satisfied with the screen. Like some members have said, it's not going to eliminate the wind in your face like a cruiser. Personally, I can't recall a difference between the stock and the PUIG, but I like the looks. But again, miy bikes an '06 and has a different screen and fairning than the the '07's and '08's.

There are other after market windscreen that are much taller.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
At 5'10", it was the absolute best money I've spent on the bike for functional mods. Took care of ALL the bobble-head!!!

Sorry it did not work out for you. You must be Long-In-The-Torso 6'2" with a shorter inseam?

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'1" and have the Puig, at speeds over 70 it gets a uncomfortable. It is better then the stock below that though.

I was also thinking of cutting down the stock to try it, let me now what you think.

Last edited:

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
put about 10 miles on the cut down stocker today, and i like it that way! its just my opinion the looks, and my personal experience with the turbulence issues. i would like to have thought it was my helmet at first, but sure enough my first run down the freeway at 80mph proved the cut stock to be just what i was looking for. its not like i have a "cheap" helmet either (icon mainframe), but its no arai or shoei. maybe im just a weirdo or something. i would have kept the puig on if it had blocked rain/bugs/debris as good as it seems it does for some of yall, but like i said, bug city on my helmet this weekend! the only time i experienced any turbulence today with the "new" shield was behind a 18 wheeler (used to be hell with the puig). anyways, i was not trying to offend anyone with this thread, just sharing my frustration! haha, congrats to all those with a puig who like them!

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the look of the cut down factory screen, more R6-ish.

Notice a difference in noise level? Webbikeworld.com commented that some helmet noise comes from the turbulence spilling off the front windshield, hitting the rider at the neck or above, and that naked bikes can be quieter for this reason.

Todd08

Molly and Jacks Dad
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have puig and I really like it. I bought it because I screwed up my stock windscreen taking a sticker off. How exactly did you cut down the stock windscreen??

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
put about 10 miles on the cut down stocker today, and i like it that way! its just my opinion the looks, and my personal experience with the turbulence issues. i would like to have thought it was my helmet at first, but sure enough my first run down the freeway at 80mph proved the cut stock to be just what i was looking for. its not like i have a \"cheap\" helmet either (icon mainframe), but its no arai or shoei. maybe im just a weirdo or something. i would have kept the puig on if it had blocked rain/bugs/debris as good as it seems it does for some of yall, but like i said, bug city on my helmet this weekend! the only time i experienced any turbulence today with the \"new\" shield was behind a 18 wheeler (used to be hell with the puig). anyways, i was not trying to offend anyone with this thread, just sharing my frustration! haha, congrats to all those with a puig who like them!

Thanks for the feedback, I may try it and if I like it I may even cut down the Puig.

DarkHorse

Reaction score
Visit site
I am 5' 7" and with the Puig I will say that under 55mph its ok and blocks wind better than stock but at freeway speeds it throws the wind right at helmet level and generates more buffeting and helmet noise and turbulence. I've done long rides with the stock screen and it puts my helmet level in fairly clean air and makes for a quieter/calmer ride.

One thing with the taller Puig is that if you break 100mph+ and duck into the bubble then it is better than stock. Less helmet turbulence and you can see better when going at that speed.

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the look of the cut down factory screen, more R6-ish.

Notice a difference in noise level? Webbikeworld.com commented that some helmet noise comes from the turbulence spilling off the front windshield, hitting the rider at the neck or above, and that naked bikes can be quieter for this reason.

it is much more quiet now than it was for me with the puig. used to i could hardly stand riding distance without ear plugs! now its no big deal

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
I have puig and I really like it. I bought it because I screwed up my stock windscreen taking a sticker off. How exactly did you cut down the stock windscreen??

i used a soft measuring tape (like a tailor uses), some dry erase markers, and a dremel! then i took the plastic lip thing off the puig and cut that to fit the cut down stocker