Show us your picture of the best/favorite mod you have done.

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought this would be a good chance for everybody to post a picture or two of things they have done on their bike. Pictures of mods are always nice to have......

Here's my favorite mod that I've done so far (exhaust/integrated tail light)
picture.php

firsttimefz

Reaction score
Visit site
for obvious reasons you can't really see the flushmount lights i have (smoked) but i would say that the front end of the bike is now my fav mod because of the combo lights lowering and fairings

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
Motech risers in black.
Wasn't a fan of the off-colored silver ones so chose the powder-coat black. Least I think they're powder-coated, feel like it too. Left the black plastic bolt cover thingies off for now.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Man...where to start? R6 forks? Pazzo shorty levers? Givi topcase rack and V46 topcase? Yamaha bellypan? :thumbup:

If I could've had only one of these mods...I'd probably pick the R6 forks. Purely because they make such a HUGE difference in how the bike performs. Soooo nice to have adjustability.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are probably sick of these already but the ConvertiBars and the Top Clamp. They allowed me to find the perfect position for me on the bike.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man...where to start? R6 forks? Pazzo shorty levers? Givi topcase rack and V46 topcase? Yamaha bellypan? :thumbup:

If I could've had only one of these mods...I'd probably pick the R6 forks. Purely because they make such a HUGE difference in how the bike performs. Soooo nice to have adjustability.

I'd really like to find a set of those forks, pretty rare these days, perhaps as the riding season begins I'll be able to find a set.

Looks GREAT! :thumbup:

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are probably sick of these already but the ConvertiBars and the Top Clamp. They allowed me to find the perfect position for me on the bike.

That's a sweet setup. How much did it run you?

Thanks,
Nick

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a sweet setup. How much did it run you?

Thanks,
Nick

Hey Nick,

The ConvertiBars with counter weights were $369. The Top Clamp was $250. Which is really a deal because in time alone that would have been about $2,500 to develop a one off part. Normal retail would have been $400. I let them have my bike for 10 days so they could develop the part and train two new machinists, so I got a deal.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd really like to find a set of those forks, pretty rare these days, perhaps as the riding season begins I'll be able to find a set.

Looks GREAT! :thumbup:

Thanks Hellgate! Yeah, I got lucky and found a nearly new set from an '07 R6S this winter on Ebay. I only see one set out there right now, but it seems like once riding season ends, there are tons of them available.

Talk about a SICK looking mod...that triple and convertibars look AMAZING! I'm mesmerized by it. Alas, right now I'm being shouted down by my better angels ("you've done enough mods for this year"). :) Here's hoping my devilish side wins out eventually...lol.

Oh, and Fred...that's a fantastic idea for the radar detector!!! I'd love to see more pictures of how you did that. Where's the actual detector mounted??? Really cool! :thumbup:

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I'd love to see more pictures of how you did that. Where's the actual detector mounted???

Nothing to it, just cut out a hole and slowly enlarge it with a sharp knife and files until the display fits. Oh yeah, sweating blood the whole time and hoping you don't slip with the knife and ruin the panel.

The detector sticks to the top of the master cylinder with black super velcro.

Fred

caboggs

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Niki Where did you find an integrated tail light. I have been Looking and can't find One?

And

Brad Where did you get the setup for the In Dash Radar detector?

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Niki Where did you find an integrated tail light. I have been Looking and can't find One?

And

Brad Where did you get the setup for the In Dash Radar detector?

There are integrated tails on ebay............I have the Clear Alternatives brand. If you do a google search, you'll find it.

-Nick (not Niki)