Should have left the bike stock!!

gbbisi

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 04 fizzer, no cat, k&n, Took snorkel out of airbox, PC3, 15T 520 conversion rest is stock.

Okay, when the cut was gutted it would pop under hard decel so i bought a PC3 cause it was a bit lean. Now with the PC3 it runs like ****. I tried the stock map and it runs way too rich because i have no cat. Tried the germal model 04 with bos without cat and runs better. Now my problem is that the stock map was eating the fuel badly and smelled, but the german one runs well BUT in both test rides after about an hour or so the bike starts to hesitate like it's stalling out or running out of fuel and it's hard to ride so i would pull over and turn off the bike. I would wait then start it up and it runs fine from what i can tell.

so now i have disconnected the PC3 and run the bike lean instead of rich. I don't know if there are bits of crap in the tank from over the winter? this is my 3 tank so far. I was getting about 130 KM for a half tank:mad:

Make me feel uncomfortable to ride this bike for any distance.
Anyone have any thoughts or experianced this?

Also there are nobody in town for a dyno

H

HavBlue

With all that you have changed it is going to be difficult to tune it without a dyno to see where you are at and how things are after the map is adjusted to bring things back into spec for all that has been done. You may be able to come close if you can find someone with an air fuel analyzer. At least you can check to see where you are at but this will not be under load.

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
Where are you located? There are dyno's in surprising places.

What RPM does it pop at? A little rumble is okay and actually a good thing. A lot of loud backfiring is bad.

What throttle setting does it pop at? If it is just when the throttle is closed then you know where to bump the map a little.

Does the bike have PAIR? If so then that could cause the popping on decel.

Put the snorkel back in if possible, this will richen the mixture a little bit.

Lastly, how much do you want for the PCIII? I am in the market and have tuning experience and a nearby dyno:D

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
With all that you have changed it is going to be difficult to tune it without a dyno to see where you are at and how things are after the map is adjusted to bring things back into spec for all that has been done. You may be able to come close if you can find someone with an air fuel analyzer. At least you can check to see where you are at but this will not be under load.

Agreed, he needs a J.A.W. bad. Check the power commander forums to see if anybody there can help you as well. You can even try other fuel injection forums like the ones for Mega Squirt, those guys really know what they are doing. My cousin is working on one of these setups right now for his XT350.

gbbisi

Reaction score
Visit site
it pops/bangs when under hard accel then decel to around 5K or if crusing down a hill in 3rd under engine braking. again pop,pop,bang or somtimes BANG, if this is all it does then i would run it instead of it being a fuel pig and making my plugs black

gbbisi

Reaction score
Visit site
popping and banging can be controlled with how abrublty i let off the throttle. Throttle control seems to help with it. it does keep the cars behind you off your aSS THOUGH

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I would try tuning using just CO adjustment. I had alot of pop with the first tank of regular unleaded gas I ran through once I put my leo vince exhaust on, but after CO tuning and switching to premium, nearly all my pop is gone.

then again... YMMV