Short video from today

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
She does sound bad a$$! When you first started it in the begining it sounded like it was missing. Is that bike carb or FI? Is it leaned out a little?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah its carb'd and it was missing a little bit but actually flooding. The guy I got it from kind of neglected it over the past 2 years so ive been working out some of the bugs from sitting but it still has one or 2 needle and seats not quite sealing off and flooding, which isnt really a bad thing considering how much i just opened it up. There will be a jet kit in the near future lol

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Not bad for a carber :p

personally ive always LOVED the way the old carb'd bikes sound, like the old cb 750 and gs1100. that ratty, raspy, rattle your eardrums, loping exhaust note, sounding like it wont ever run smooth or ever be worth a damn but then you hear it go WOT and it sounds as if the devil himself gave those pipes his own personal touch and anyone or anything within its blasting radius wants to know just what the hell was that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gavPL-D-bKA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhZHC0fX70o

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like we need to set you up with a donation fund for rear Tires! :D:D

I like carbs and have spent much time cleaning, tuning, syncing them. I don't mind. The only time hate flows is when a cylinder drops from being plugged. Sand and rust are evil!

Although - dirt bikes thrown on their side can be PITA to start :Flip: .

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like we need to set you up with a donation fund for rear Tires! :D:D

I like carbs and have spent much time cleaning, tuning, syncing them. I don't mind. The only time hate flows is when a cylinder drops from being plugged. Sand and rust are evil!

Although - dirt bikes thrown on their side can be PITA to start :Flip: .

This is very true, also Ive noticed sometime going around a long sweeping turn the bowls go a little low. Of course that could be it still needing a little help on the carb department:spank:

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
personally ive always LOVED the way the old carb'd bikes sound, like the old cb 750 and gs1100. that ratty, raspy, rattle your eardrums, loping exhaust note, sounding like it wont ever run smooth or ever be worth a damn but then you hear it go WOT and it sounds as if the devil himself gave those pipes his own personal touch and anyone or anything within its blasting radius wants to know just what the hell was that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gavPL-D-bKA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhZHC0fX70o
Both of those bikes sounded nice and smooth like a FI bike though lol

My dad has an '85 VF700 and it's very unique sounding too, he's looking to sell it though for something more modern. I haven't heard what the new VFRs sound like though

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Both of those bikes sounded nice and smooth like a FI bike though lol

My dad has an '85 VF700 and it's very unique sounding too, he's looking to sell it though for something more modern. I haven't heard what the new VFRs sound like though

The new vfrs have one of imo the best sounds out there, its a hard toss up between the vfr and crossplane r1s for best sound imo of course the vmax has a v4 too and sounds almost as good as hondas v4

Sent from my pocket rocket that don't know how to spell

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The new vfrs have one of imo the best sounds out there, its a hard toss up between the vfr and crossplane r1s for best sound imo of course the vmax has a v4 too and sounds almost as good as hondas v4

Sent from my pocket rocket that don't know how to spell
I'll have to check some vids out then, I always liked the sound of his. Never heard another like it.