Shopping for Buying 2007+ FZ6, advice, comments, suggestions

evilbologna

Reaction score
Visit site
I like to do a lot of research before I buy any bike. So far I've decided that I want at least a 2007 (generation changes). Looked around the local market, found what appears to be good deals based on what similar bikes have sold for. I'm competent in motorcycle maintenance, do all my own work. I'd like to know what quirks or specific issues are out there dealing with 2007+ FZ6 motorcycles. Every bike I've had has had some small odd thing that could pose to be a large issue if it was hidden. I used to buy bikes new to avoid that but as I've gotten older and wiser (arguable) it seems the used market can save me a lot of money. I've read through some of the tech threads here, found some common issues for the earlier models of the FZ6 but can't find much on the models I'm looking at. Perhaps there is nothing other than your basic motorcycle wear items like sprockets, chain, any damage, leaking fluids, tires, etc. Thanks from a potential FZ6 owner :D!

Edit: Can't edit the title...I made it sound retarded. Oops.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not aware of any issues besides regular wear items on 07+ bikes. I've had my 07 for few years now.. zero issues.

Darken Dioxen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Fellow NY'er,

I just bought my 07 FZ6, and it has been terrific, zero real problems.

I would say do your diligence like buying anything used. Based on the mileage see what the service history has been, check the oil, tire condition, and responsibility of the previous owner. I asked him to drive it around the parking lot we met at so I could see how he ran it too.

My previous owner was the first owner, and had ALL of his service receipts, and was in his late 40's. So I was not very concerned with only 6k miles on it.

Even so unless it was in an accident, I think you can't go wrong with any Yamaha product.