Shogun Frame Slider Durability?

moopie

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting some new frame sliders for my bike and have picked out the ones below.

Shogun Carbon Fiber S5 Frame Sliders - Yamaha Shogun Competition Accessories

A friend of mine who sells parts at the local Yamaha place doesn't think they would be a good choice. He worries that any frame slider with metal ends will not do it's job. He's thinking that the ends wouldn't wear away and instead dig into the ground possibly causing the bike to flip which would cause way more damage.

So, does anyone have these particular ones or have any opinion on their potential lack of effectiveness? There are no reviews on the website and I find it strange that they don't list details of what they're actually made out of.

Feel free to post pics or info on frame sliders you've accidently tested and believe did their job well!

moopie

Reaction score
Visit site
Well since I didn't really get any opinions on the shogun frame sliders w/metal cap I went ahead and stayed away from them.

I ordered these by PSR which lets me still keep the carbon fiber look. They just aren't quite as nice looking without the silver metal bits but have standard materials that have been proven to work on other bikes.

I have no idea why they don't list FZ6 specific ones on the website. The casing I ordered from the dealership has FZ6 on it though!

PSR: Browsing YAMAHA YZFR6S 06-09 CARBON