Slider questions

Demogonis

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, I think this might even be my first post, lol :D

I decided today that I'm ordering rear and front axle sliders after a riding buddy downed his R6 and wrecked it. We are all of the opinion he wouldn't have wrecked it with sliders.

My problem is this, I have the Factory OEM Yamaha frame sliders. They look pretty as all hell and cost me a fortune, so I want to KEEP THEM! Especially since they are powder coated now. But the mounting brackets were apparently made with profit in mind because they are made with the cheapest white metal available. Way to go Yamaha. So they are 100% unreliable. I can't find anyone that makes any slider for the FZ6 that goes anywhere other than the engine mounting bolts where the current brackets drop down from.

I can find no clutch sliders or engine case sliders. I am even willing to pay to have bolts and mounting hardware custom machined if I have to. Any ideas other than getting a longer bolt fabricated and putting additional sliders on top of the factory ones?

In a side note. I ordered some other "Genuine Yamaha" parts and it came with regular mounting hardware. Like that extra $3 for stainless bolts was just too extravagant. Which only adds to my worries about quality of brackets. :BLAA:

Thanks!!!