She lives!!!

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
After having my bike apart for 2 months, it's finally running again.

I've replaced the cam chain, guides, tensioner, adjusted the valves, and replaced the clutch with a Barnett kit.

It runs better than the day I bought it! Took it out for a spirited 80 mile ride through the mountains and it feels like brand new. Rolling on in 2nd gear brings the front wheel up, and the new clutch is so amazing and smooth.

All I can say is that I'm happy and hope everyone has a great and safe summer riding!

I had quite the ride too, passing multiple CHP cars/bikes at twice the speed limit and them not even looking at me, and also coming around blind corners to find cars driving in the middle of both lanes :spank:. Good thing I've got an airhorn.

Pope Mobile

Von Skump
Reaction score
Visit site
Having a bike that's down and out is horrible, especially when the weather is perfect. That moment when the engine starts is the greatest thing. A smile hits your face and a shiver of excitement runs down your spine. :rockon: Then you make a squee and do a dumb little dance.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Just out of curiosity if you don't mind: How much "out" were your valves, (and how many miles were on them)?
Thanks!