Shameless Whoring

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
You've all shown me yours, now I'd like to show you mine ;) ! I'm pretty happy with the overall aesthetics of my bike now, although a set of shiny Scorpions may still be on the cards! Let me know what you all think!

Also, inb4 anybody mentions the condition of those downpipes... as soon as the weather picks up I'm hitting them with the Brasso!

Mods include: Puig Double Bubble, Puig Belly Pan, Smoked LED Tail Light, Smoked Indicators, Evotech Tail Tidy, 7x5" Reg Plate, White LED Pod Lights, R&G Cotton Reels, Powerbronze Single Seat Cowl, K&N Air Filter, Carbon Fibre Radiator Guards, Carbon Fibre Heel Plates, R&G Bar Ends, R&G Fork Protectors... Centre Stand Removed, Rear Foot Pegs Removed... R&G and K&N Decals, Rim Tape, Rear Shock Cover.

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
Looks nice! Where did you get that cover on your rear spring, is that a dirt bike accessory?

Previous to the Fazer I had an XJ6; the rear shock seized up due to all the road crap getting caught up in it over winter... after shelling out for a new shock I decided a cover would be the best way forward, they were listed on eBay (similar to these, although mine fixes with velcro) for ATV's, although I'm sure most off-road stores would carry them?

I'd certainly recommend one, its been fitted since new, so the shock is still as clean as the day she rolled out of the dealers! Plus, its removable so just throw it in the washing machine when it gets mucky!

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice work overall, although Im not feeling the stickers on the side pod....You should be proud..:rockon:

racebrooks

Reaction score
Visit site
Your bike is very nice. Forget the Brasso and get the pipes ceramic coated flat black. It would look sweet

Last edited:

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
Thanks for all your positive feedback!

Nice work overall, although Im not feeling the stickers on the side pod....You should be proud..:rockon:

I'm not 100% on them myself... they are covering some minor scratches on the left hand side, just until I can find some new pods in carbon fibre! :rockon:

I also have an idea for removing the grab handles... essentially grinding them off, filling and then respraying the piece... It could tidy the seat unit right up, or (based on the fact I haven't seen it done anywhere else) it could be a rather expensive failure! I'm lurking on eBay hoping to find one cheap enough to test my bodywork skills on.

Your bike is very nice. Forget the Brasso and get the pipes ceramic coated flat black. It would look sweet

I do like the look of the black pipes... how far back does the powder coating go?

Last edited:

racebrooks

Reaction score
Visit site
It runs from the head to the cat pipe. You will want the Ceramic coating also for its ability to disipate the heat and not discolor.

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
I also have an idea for removing the grab handles... essentially grinding them off, filling and then respraying the piece... It could tidy the seat unit right up, or (based on the fact I haven't seen it done anywhere else) it could be a rather expensive failure! I'm lurking on eBay hoping to find one cheap enough to test my bodywork skills on.
You can have my grab rails in a few weeks if you want, the left rail is a bit scuffed up from sliding off the road into a ditch, theres no physical damage on them, I'm removing the stock tail and exhaust kit from the bike anyways.:D

LittleRed

Reaction score
Visit site
Where did you get the Puig belly pan? It looks fantastic! I love how sharp it is. Beautiful bike all around!!! :thumbup:

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
You can have my grab rails in a few weeks if you want, the left rail is a bit scuffed up from sliding off the road into a ditch, theres no physical damage on them, I'm removing the stock tail and exhaust kit from the bike anyways.:D

Thanks for the offer! Would you consider shipping to the UK?

Hmm R1 tail going on? If so please document it; the conversion I've seen only had a finish photo, none of the process.

Not quite and R1 conversion... I'll have a little play in Photoshop to try and show you what I have in mind. :popcorn: watch this space!

Where did you get the Puig belly pan? It looks fantastic! I love how sharp it is. Beautiful bike all around!!! :thumbup:

Thanks, the sharpness really caught my eye! It was a toss up between the TCP or the Puig pan; eventually came down to cost, but I'm still really happy with it! I bought it from M&P here.

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
Update on the seat mod: After a little Googling... looks like SBN have beaten me to it! Link.

Its not quite the finish I had in mind, could do with being a little smoother IMO; I'm still going to have a go at it though... and of course keep you updated on how it goes!