Shad top case rack is easy install

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed my Shad top case rack on the bike. I was a little worried with some of the top case rack install horror threads that I would have some trouble but other than the horrble directions that are included I just stuck it on and bolted it up in about 15 minutes. It works great with the two brothers exhaust. I have a large top case from ebay (ended up paying $15 new for it after my $34 ebay bucks and a $15 refund due to a scratch that showed up on the top case. I am going to drill 2 holes on the top case mount so it will mount up with the stock rack holes. I think I am going to like it a lot. I will post up photos of ot tomorrow.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pics of my new shad rack and $15 topcase, fits 2 helmets. The bike is really dirty covered with bug guts lol and I was in the process of changing the oil, cleaning the chain and some teflon chain lube. I have some nice saddleman saddlebags to go with the topcase too.

09bec627-1.jpg

89bb1f7a-1.jpg

29b41127-1.jpg

5dddbd48-1.jpg

ALEJOYAMAHA

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice Bike, could you please tell me the brand of the saddle bags you got in your FZ6 and how you like them?

Thanks

Alex

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice Bike, could you please tell me the brand of the saddle bags you got in your FZ6 and how you like them?

Thanks

Alex

I have a large set (they are big) and the smaller set you see pictured. I like the smaller set (pictured above) better though, they are just the right size I think. For example, I fit 2 pairs of jeans in one saddlebag this weekend without expanding the bag. They are semi-rigid, come with locks, are expandable and are SUPER easy to install. I can install them on the bike in about 60 seconds. I love them, I bought them at motorcycle superstore. I have the topcase the goes with it as well and it is very large and has a built in hide away net to hold a helmet.

The straps that come with them are nice/easy to use. I ended up using a roll of double sided velcro though because I can get them on and off much faster. I can get pics of how I mount them if you want.

Saddleman saddlebags:

Saddlemen Sport Panniers - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

tail bag:

Saddlemen Sport Top Pack - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Last edited:

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the way it looks. What brand is the topcase? After doing a bit of touring on mine over the weekend, I'm looking to do some "improvements" heh heh.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the way it looks. What brand is the topcase? After doing a bit of touring on mine over the weekend, I'm looking to do some "improvements" heh heh.

i got the topcase on ebay for $65 minus a $35 ebay bucks certificate and minus $15 for a scratch that occured during shipping. It holds 2 helmets