Shad luggage rack and aftermarket exhaust?

tymensen

Reaction score
Visit site
I currently have Shad top and side racks / cases on my '06 fz6. I am thinking of getting an aftermarket exhaust this spring (leaning towards the two brothers but that is not set in stone)

Does anyone here have an aftermarket exhaust coupled with Shad racks? Any issues as far as fit-up is concerned? Does one type of exhaust fit better than another with these racks?

:canada:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I currently have Shad top and side racks / cases on my '06 fz6. I am thinking of getting an aftermarket exhaust this spring (leaning towards the two brothers but that is not set in stone)

Does anyone here have an aftermarket exhaust coupled with Shad racks? Any issues as far as fit-up is concerned? Does one type of exhaust fit better than another with these racks?

:canada:
I don't know if the Shad system is like the Givi one, but I have fitted my Givi rack with my Scorpion oval exhausts with a bit of modding. I posted details on my website below.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I had only the Shad topmaster (no side racks) with an aftermarket exhaust (Laser). Due to the way the topmaster installs it should not interfere with any aftermarket exhaust. On the side racks (based on the installation instructions) the only thing you'd have to watch is that the max width of the exhaust fit between the vertical portions of the side rack (red circle in photo).

sidemaster.jpg

IMO this would be allow more if not most or all aftermarkets to fit without mods than the Givi which has a curved bracket that fits closely to the stock exhaust which is where folks usually have issues. Tried to show again in red on the photo

part0236.jpg

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Two things to watch:
1) Make sure racks do not expect any of the stock exhaust brackets locations to be there. If they do, you have to have a workaround for the aftermarket setup. TB's install takes away many of the stock bracket locations which is why you cannot use your fender with it.
2) Width of the exhaust does not exceed current stock exhaust width and go into the racks location.

I have full Givi racks and Laser Quads on mine where both of above conditions are met with little creative installation.