Seriously... WTF

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fixed it for you...

Exactly, My question i would say is how much would i get for the bike and how much would the buy back be?

The bike is fine, i should have had frame sliders, but i seriously thought that when i ever went down that it would be hard and they would not have saved much.... Lesson learned.

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
When I went down last year the insurance for the guy who cut me off paid for the damage. There was no contact, but the police did give him a ticket for an illegal U turn.

The scratch on my frame was grounds for totalling it. They wanted to give me around $5,500 for the bike, not enough to replace it. So I took the salvage value and did the repairs myself and even had some extra to by frame sliders.

Glad your OK.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Geez - I don't log in for a bit and look what happens - j/k. Seriously though that sucks but glad you're ok. If you're going to file a report the sooner the better IMO.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your OK Rob. The damage seems an easy fix overall, may not be worth a claim, ride it as is.(Call em trophy scars) Fix it as you can afford to or go naked !! The effort to find this jerk may not be worth it, only you can determine that, good luck, stay safe:thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your OK Rob. The damage seems an easy fix overall, may not be worth a claim, ride it as is.(Call em trophy scars) Fix it as you can afford to or go naked !! The effort to find this jerk may not be worth it, only you can determine that, good luck, stay safe:thumbup:

The repairs are not a big deal, it is just a call right now as to hether i WANT to have the insurance total it and then do the frame repairs myself. there is nothing wring with the bike, but if they are going to give me 5K to fix a scuff on the frame with some spraypaint then it might be worth it to have a "salvage" Bike.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
The repairs are not a big deal, it is just a call right now as to hether i WANT to have the insurance total it and then do the frame repairs myself. there is nothing wring with the bike, but if they are going to give me 5K to fix a scuff on the frame with some spraypaint then it might be worth it to have a "salvage" Bike.

If nothing's BROKEN on the frame, it's not going to be totaled.

You don't want a salvage title. They suck.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If nothing's BROKEN on the frame, it's not going to be totaled.

You don't want a salvage title. They suck.

Nothing s broken on it, but most insurance companies will tatal a bike with an aluminum frame with even a scratch rather than assume the liability that there are stress cracks in the aluminum.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not going to do anything to the guy when i find him, and am probably not even going to call the insurance. I will find out where he lives just to know though.... something makes me feel good about knowing that i could do something that makes me feel better.

brico

Reaction score
Visit site
Sory to hear that. I had similar accident few days ago. I posted my mishap several days ago

http://www.600riders.com/forum/new-...outs-stupid-people-behind-steering-wheel.html

I was lucky to have a witness who backed up my claim to insurance company so $1800 damage will be covered by insurance. I only pay $300 deductible since there was no contact and I do not have her license number nor other identification and they treat it as "phantom hit and run" and they are offering some compensation for my broken leg "pain and suffering"?? which will be around $2000 i guess.

Good you did not get hurt which is most important.

"Be on lookout for idiots 24/7/365!!"

drytech

Always Making Money
Reaction score
www.realmotorcycle.info
Yeah there has to be contact. I am an ex cop and unless there was contact they won't do anything but take a report. I had a similar situation but in a car where a guy cam over into my lane causing me to swerve right and hit the curb busting two tires. I called the cops and they ask if he hit you and I said no, but he forced me over the curb. They said there was nothing they could do since there was no contact (collision).

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing s broken on it, but most insurance companies will tatal a bike with an aluminum frame with even a scratch rather than assume the liability that there are stress cracks in the aluminum.

Thats what happened to me, I had a scrape the size of a nickel on it, the bike shop would not anything but replace it and the labor to that caused the insurance company to total it. I fixed it with i little grinding and spray paint, you can't even see it now.

KaTooM

Reaction score
www.advrider.com
Sorry to hear about your spill Rob. Good thing you weren't hurt though. Hope you find the guy... maybe break a kneecap, or two....just sayin.... :spank: