Senna - the movie

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ayrton Senna was and still is one of my all time heroes.

I was absolutely broken hearted when he died. One of my dogs is named after him :)

Last night Mike and I went to the premiere of Senna in Perth (pizza, wine and beer included :steve:)- it was absolutely brilliant.

There was so much unseen footage and, believe me, I've got a lot of videos etc on him and there was a lot of stuff I hadn't seen before. There was camera footage of the drivers briefings before the races, good behind the scenes footage, home videos - all in all absolutely brilliant. There was also quite a lot of footage from that weekend in San Marino when both he and Ratzenberger died in separate incidents.

Even though it's been 17 years since he died, I still teared up. Very moving.

I maybe a little biased, but I'd give it 10/10. Movie critics have been giving it around 9.5/10.

They say that you'll find this fascinating even if you're not a Senna/Formula 1 fan. I can't comment on that because I AM a Senna/Formula 1 fan.

This is an excellent documentary on the life and death of one of the all time great drivers.

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I want to see it this weekend, but don't even think id manage to get past 30 seconds.

I still loose it putting on my Senna: Racing is in my Blood DVD.

Its 17 years ago, never met him and yet it still gets to me.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ayrton Senna was and still is one of my all time heroes.

I was absolutely broken hearted when he died. One of my dogs is named after him :)

Last night Mike and I went to the premiere of Senna in Perth (pizza, wine and beer included :steve:)- it was absolutely brilliant.

There was so much unseen footage and, believe me, I've got a lot of videos etc on him and there was a lot of stuff I hadn't seen before. There was camera footage of the drivers briefings before the races, good behind the scenes footage, home videos - all in all absolutely brilliant. There was also quite a lot of footage from that weekend in San Marino when both he and Ratzenberger died in separate incidents.

Even though it's been 17 years since he died, I still teared up. Very moving.

I maybe a little biased, but I'd give it 10/10. Movie critics have been giving it around 9.5/10.

They say that you'll find this fascinating even if you're not a Senna/Formula 1 fan. I can't comment on that because I AM a Senna/Formula 1 fan.

This is an excellent documentary on the life and death of one of the all time great drivers.
Can't wait to see it too.
I was a chef when the San Marino GP was being held when both he and Ratzenberger died.
The Head chef was a huge Mclaren freak and I was a Williams fan (Both teams HQ are just down the road where I used to live).
The whole kitchen was F1 mad. on F1 weekends we would bring a big TV into the kitchen and stick it on the freezer so we could watch it and work.
During that race I remember it like yesterday, the brigade were dumb struck when he went off.
A great driver indeed, sadly missed and universally loved and hated in equal measure.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome movie, great footage!!!! Indeed for me it is painful to watch and remember all those tragic moments but I highly recommend it.

I'm very happy I grew up watching Senna race!!!!! I remember on Sundays going to my Dad's room with my brother and watching the races together. Now I commonly go to my brother's house and his two kids watch the races with us.

Senna was an exceptional driver that unfortunately we lost too soon.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk