Second gear power delay

toybox

Reaction score
Visit site
I have tried to understand my clutch slippage in the past, but even after I adjusted the clutch cable and replaced the clutch plate the problem still occurred. I am currently planning to replace the clutch cable as well as the spark plug.
I often encounter malfunctions in second gear. It's like the power is suddenly cut off and reengaged, more than once.
I once encountered it in third gear, but at that time I was not sure if it was really in third gear. At present, I think that if the clutch is not slipping, maybe my second gear is worn and the ECU has an error in judging the second gear signal (the wiring harness may have fallen off or Short circuit) one of them since I didn't have the problem in the other gears.
Is there anything else I haven't noticed? I hope seniors can tell me what I missed.

How many miles on the bike and specifically the clutch cable.?

A well maintained cable, (IME) lasts about 25,000 miles.

If you disconnect the cable at both ends, you should be able to slide it in and out with
virtually NO RESISITANCE.. ANY resistance and the cable is likely frayed inside.

That cable, hanging up/binding can cause all kinds of issues.

FYI, while doing regular maintenance on mine, I discovered my cable, just inside the sheath,
barely visible, it failing:

How many miles on the bike and specifically the clutch cable.?

A well maintained cable, (IME) lasts about 25,000 miles.

If you disconnect the cable at both ends, you should be able to slide it in and out with
virtually NO RESISITANCE.. ANY resistance and the cable is likely frayed inside.

That cable, hanging up/binding can cause all kinds of issues.

FYI, while doing regular maintenance on mine, I discovered my cable, just inside the sheath,
barely visible, it failing:

About 59,030 miles, When I was adjusting it I noticed it was stretched, but it still works fine.
I will test it after replacing the spark plug and clutch cable.

Back