Seat recommendations

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
So, I thought the BMW might come this year, however my eldest daughter will be going to Europe instead to tour with a music group and yes, kids trump bikes every time - so I'll be riding the trusty FZ6 for another season. Question, what's the best aftermarket seat for this beast? I have a 2007.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
2 popular choices are Top Saddlery and Corbin,
TS seems to be the most popular here, Corbin
seems to have some quality issues lately, read
about it a bit here and a friend of mine with a
Versys got a Corbin last summer and it is horrible

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
TS - FTW!! :Flip: Seriously though. I had a Corbin on my last motorcycle, and have a TS saddle on the FZ. Both my pillion and I love the TS. I got the main seat and pillion part with the gel inserts. Makes I difference for the longer rides. The Corbin was great, but IMO the TS is better.

YMMV.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're looking for an option that won't break the bank whilst your daughter is touring with the band, check out Spencer Great day to ride. I have a couple of friends who speak very highly of his work. I intend sending my seat to him when I get round to it.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
another option is to find a local auto upholstery guy and go
talk to him, some of them do bike seats and you can have a
convo about what you want, and make adjustments after
the fact if need be, can't do that with any of the mass marketed
seat builders, you just may save a buck or two as well

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're looking for an option that won't break the bank whilst your daughter is touring with the band, check out Spencer Great day to ride. I have a couple of friends who speak very highly of his work. I intend sending my seat to him when I get round to it.

+1 on the above. He does excellent work, doesn't use "gel" but "Supra core". He did my 07 seat, it took longer to ship (inside the same state) than for him to do the work.... Highly recomended . For just the drivers end, as I re-call was less than $80.00

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
Many thanks all for your suggestions. This will be my third summer on the bike and I've got to do something - the stock seat is killing my nether regions!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Many thanks all for your suggestions. This will be my third summer on the bike and I've got to do something - the stock seat is killing my nether regions!

Spencers will trim those area's your speaking about for the same price. He already knw what area on the FZ6 trim.

I didn't have a problem with that and declined the trim. Just wanted it a little softer to keep the minor vibes from transferring thru the seat to my tail..

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the 07 model with the TS seat and love it. Super comfortable. I can ride all day no problem. It's a little different seat than the stock one. It's not as flat, and dosen't force you forward like the stock one. +10. :thumbup:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I can vouch for Spencer's seat mod. The guy is great to deal with - very customer focused. You won't get the plush comfy feeling of the TS seat which are IMO THE seat to have. But if you want to modify the stock seat and make it liveable this is a nice option. Cost is low and turnaround time is quick. I've only done 2 short rides (30 mins) and I can feel some difference. Time will tell if long rides feel more comfortable. Price for driver's seat mod with supracore material was $75. Factoring in round trip shipping puts the total price around $107

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i am completely happy with my yamaha gel seat. to me it feels like a major upgrade in comfort and i can ride the bike all day now without any issues. it was only $159 new. It took around 300 miles to break in and now it feels great.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
If you are looking for that"Aaaaah cumfy couch feeling" out of an aftermarket seat, you'll be sadly disappointed. A corbin seat will let your butt get sore only to somewhat tolerable point that will allow you to ride semi uncomfortably for long periods of time. A stock seat will allow you to ride for short periods of time and if you surpass that time period, you will want to jump off the bike while its stil rolling!(JK sorta). I have only ridden for a couple of hours at a time with my TS saddle, so can't tell you(from personal experience) how it holds out on the longhaul. A custom made saddle for your a** type will probably work the best.