Seat Cowl Mod

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting a seat cowl for my red '07, but I don't really want to pay $200 bucks for one. Any suggestions?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Doh!! Good point. Midnight Auto kept my car running thru high school!

I should have also added:

3. Make your own out of paper machete :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Doh!! Good point. Midnight Auto kept my car running thru high school!

I should have also added:

3. Make your own out of paper machete :thumbup:

Ooo! OOO! OOO! That's a great idea! But you could only use it on days when it isn't raining.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am going to make a "chrome look one out of tin foil....

Keep an eye on e-bay if the only way i know that is legal to get parts cheaper.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Whew...ROACH got the humor!

As you will find out, aftermarket and even factory parts are sometimes stupidly expensive for what they are. I quickly learned that if I really wanted something, just get it and try not to think too much about how much I just paid! (christ, I just dropped $900 on a friggin exhaust! :eek:).

Think of it like pulling off a band-aid.....do it quick and try not to think about it!

As reiobard stated, checking eBay and other online stores is usually your best bet. I found a $300 difference when looking for my Two Bro's exhaust! So it does pay to do some digging.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whew...ROACH got the humor!

As you will find out, aftermarket and even factory parts are sometimes stupidly expensive for what they are. I quickly learned that if I really wanted something, just get it and try not to think too much about how much I just paid! (christ, I just dropped $900 on a friggin exhaust! :eek:).

Think of it like pulling off a band-aid.....do it quick and try not to think about it!

As reiobard stated, checking eBay and other online stores is usually your best bet. I found a $300 difference when looking for my Two Bro's exhaust! So it does pay to do some digging.

I'm just glad no one accused us of shopping at Mid-Night Auto!

As Boneman said shop around and see what you can find. I bought a set of 2 piece leathers a week ago for $282 shipped to my door. Don't get in a hurry and keep looking.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
JOOC, does anyone know if the Yamaha OEM seat cowl will fit on the Yamaha OEM "comfort seat"?
My local Yamaha dealer couldn't tell me. In fact, they told me that both the seat cowl and comfort seat were only available for 07 and up and wouldn't fit my 06. :rolleyes:

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my tax return yesterday and couldn't hold back...I bought the seat cowl from rideaddict.com; I'm hoping that with the new windscreen will look great.

CHowell19

Reaction score
Visit site
To all FZ6 enthusiasts... I have been working on a seat cowl with storage conversion kit for the FZ6 for the past year. The tail cowl is officially "patent pending" and is about to go into production, shooting to have them available in roughly a month. They will initially be available for all FZ6's from 2004-2009. It will include optional accessory charging and feature cargo lighting and carpeting. Pictures and the website will be available in the coming weeks so stay tuned. My goal was to give the tail a very unique look and ad storage for the daily commute. I know all will be interested in seeing it so I am including this pic of the prototype during development to give an idea of its approximate look. The seat vinyl is pealed back in this pic... Feel free to ask with any questions you might have......Enjoy!