Scorpions Rotated 90 degrees

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello

Sorry for pi$$ing you lot off with my trails and tribulations regarding my exhaust:D

But after my previous threat regarding the negative comment about my exhaust, I have re-fitted them at 90 degrees. And to be honest I wish I had fitted them this way in the beginning they do look a lot better this way in the flesh.

Did not take long to re-fit a couple of hours, which included a bacon,sausage and egg mc'muffin and 2 mugs of tea:D.

Before
Scorps.jpg
[/IMG]

After

Cansrefitted.jpg

Cansrefitted2.jpg

Cheers

Paul

Last edited:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Hello

Sorry for pi$$ing you lot off with my trails and tribulations regarding my exhaust:D

But after my previous threat regarding the negative comment about my exhaust, I have re-fitted them at 90 degrees. And to be honest I wish I had fitted them this way in the beginning they do look a lot better this way in the flesh.

Did not take long to re-fit a couple of hours, which included a bacon,sausage and egg mc'muffin and 2 mugs of tea:D.

Before
Scorps.jpg
[/IMG]

After

Cansrefitted.jpg

Cansrefitted2.jpg

Cheers

Paul

they look a lot better in pictures too.

good job!

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No, 90 degrees the other way! :justkidding: Bad CHEMIKER :spank::spank:

They look great man! I thought they looked good in your original thread, but they look a lot better in this position. Good work, and thanks for posting through this process, it will help someone else to decide on how to fit their Scorps. Looks like you were able to move the emblem?

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Aah! That's better mate! :) You've got the DB-killers in right? Tried it without? It sounds awesome but is painfully loud! :) Too loud for long periods of time on motorways though. :(

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
Look amazing mate. If you dont mind me asking, how much did they set you back? The quietness of the standard exhaust is starting to get to me lol

ranieri

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello

Before
Scorps.jpg
[/IMG]

After

Cansrefitted.jpg

Cansrefitted2.jpg

Cheers

Paul
Ive got mine on how you did them originally.
To be honest I did it by mistake and I much prefer how youve got them now.
Problem is one can seems to be stuck on the pipe .
Any tips on how to get it off?
Also do you have any scorch marks along the weld?

Last edited:

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
Shouldn't they be flipped 180? So the embossed "S" on the endcaps be facing out. Now they are facing each other. It looks a bit crossed eyed to me.

MyFirstBike

Reaction score
Visit site
That's what i thought too about the embedded S.. i think i've seen other pics where it's been done like that too... i guess it's however the instruction booklet tells you to do it...

ranieri

Reaction score
Visit site
Shouldn't they be flipped 180? So the embossed "S" on the endcaps be facing out. Now they are facing each other. It looks a bit crossed eyed to me.

No hes got them on right.
These are the new style oval exhausts(they take a bit of getting used to).

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, just noticed this thread on the Scorpion exhaust. Fitted mine around six months ago and until now did not realize there was a correct way of fitting them. I did try different positions before fitting but thought this position was the correct way.

DSC02174-1.jpg

ranieri

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, just noticed this thread on the Scorpion exhaust. Fitted mine around six months ago and until now did not realize there was a correct way of fitting them. I did try different positions before fitting but thought this position was the correct way.

DSC02174-1.jpg
I dont think yours are the oval so it doesnt matter as much.

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for that ranieri, getting a bit worried there, and like I previously said did mess about with them till I was happy with the position. Like you said does not make that much difference with them being round. :thumbup:

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
Aah! That's better mate! :) You've got the DB-killers in right? Tried it without? It sounds awesome but is painfully loud! :) Too loud for long periods of time on motorways though. :(

Thanks,

To me they do look a lot better now.The DB Killers are still in at present, as I am going back and for to work. And I have to travel on the M4 and go thru Cardiff city centre, so I think they may be to loud? But, as you know, easy enough to remove, and will do when out for a blast:D

Cheers

Paul

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks much better,but I liked them the other way too ,if that makes sense ,lol.

The only bad thing about the first go was the gap on the sides.

ranieri

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks,

To me they do look a lot better now.The DB Killers are still in at present, as I am going back and for to work. And I have to travel on the M4 and go thru Cardiff city centre, so I think they may be to loud? But, as you know, easy enough to remove, and will do when out for a blast:D

Cheers

Paul

Well Ive decided ,Saturday morning Im going to put mine on the same as yours.
(Pics to follow)

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
Ive got mine on how you did them originally.
To be honest I did it by mistake and I much prefer how youve got them now.
Problem is one can seems to be stuck on the pipe .
Any tips on how to get it off?
Also do you have any scorch marks along the weld?

I had one of the pipes struck for while, until I got my son to give me hand. I had him hold the Y-piece whilst I twisted the can, and also gave a light knock with a rubber mallet.

I did have some scorch marks along the weld, but I have now cleaned them up with a light rub of Autosol.:thumbup:

Good luck on Saturday morning, when refitting your's, I know I have said it before, but for some reason they just look a lot, lot better. Don't forget the pic's:D

Cheers

Last edited: