Scorpion Exhaust

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys i wanna get a FC scorpion exhaust on my fZ6 s2 naked.

is it easy to diy?

in my country the shop quote me $1280 SGD with installation. is it worth the value?

If you have a basic working knowledge of mechanics and a decent set of tools you can do this job yourself. I recently put on the new style scorps and my bike finally sounds like a motorcycle. These are the nicest set slip ons out there in my opinion and they're the least expensive. I read they are in great demand, so keep that in mind. In the u.s. a lot of places are on backorder with these.

Caligula

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep had mine on about 10 days and real easy to fit (with the right tools).

You'll need a couple of allen keys, socket set and screw drivers.

Worst part (for me) was getting them line up.

You'll luv the new sound when fitted.

rdabernig41

Reaction score
Visit site
I finally just got my exhaust in and installed it tonight. It was simple. I got it installed in a hour. No joke. When you guys first put them on did you notice some backfiring when it was cold and when it warmed up it went away? It would only backfire when i revved it to about 8k

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I finally just got my exhaust in and installed it tonight. It was simple. I got it installed in a hour. No joke. When you guys first put them on did you notice some backfiring when it was cold and when it warmed up it went away? It would only backfire when i revved it to about 8k

You might want to try resetting ECU. Disconnect the battery and let the bike sit for a few minutes.

Also check for any leaks around the joints of the exhaust.

Mr.Spoofy

Reaction score
Visit site
Road this morning for the first time with my new exhaust, sounds great. How long does the smell last? I stopped at a light and thought the hard boiled eggs I had for breakfast where taking over. Also what can be done about one can working more than the other?

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The smell dissipates quickly, it was gone before I could check how long it lasted. Just ride it away.

As for the cans, I'm sure you could widen te hole. Looking down the inside of te cans, without db killers if you have them, you can see that the hole from the ypipe on the right (looking from the back) is intentionally smaller and slightly closed off by design. There was an explanation on here somewhere, but it has never bothered me.

Scorp

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very very close to finally pulling the trigger on this long-delayed mod. I hope I can find the stainless steel (read: cheapest option) w/ the new end caps for such a great deal! I know that with the weather heating up, and supposedly the demand for these going up, with the price coming down, it may be tough to find them.

What's the deal w/ fender eliminators? I presume something else must be done with the plate if you have an eliminator, right?

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Very very close to finally pulling the trigger on this long-delayed mod. I hope I can find the stainless steel (read: cheapest option) w/ the new end caps for such a great deal! I know that with the weather heating up, and supposedly the demand for these going up, with the price coming down, it may be tough to find them.

What's the deal w/ fender eliminators? I presume something else must be done with the plate if you have an eliminator, right?

The FE is actually a mounting point for your plate and signals after you remove the fender.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
When you guys first put them on did you notice some backfiring when it was cold and when it warmed up it went away? It would only backfire when i revved it to about 8k
Yeah. Um. Don't do that. Engines should be warmed up before they are abused or it reduces their lifespan! :spank:

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got off the horn w/ Jazz Motorsports - ended up w/ the titanium Leo Vinces EVO 3 for $425 shipped! Yeah baby!