Scorpion Exhaust

rdabernig41

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright i have a blue 2009 FZ6 and i want to put the carbon fiber scorpion exhaust on it. I heard that pipecity.com has the best prices for the pipe but it says it only fits up to the 2008 model. Will it still fit the 2009? and is there any other place i can get them for a better price?

rdabernig41

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright i thought they would be the same but i wasnt quite sure. and thanks for the link. that one is 80 bucks cheaper than the other =]

rdabernig41

Reaction score
Visit site
im not sure actually. either way they both look pretty nice. and the price is a lot better than wut ive found so far

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
08 and 09 are the same (maybe the 07 too) but the earlier models have a different cat pipe length, which can cause problems if you get the wrong exhaust for your model, as the replacement y pipe will be too long/short.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are those really the old style scorpions they are selling or have they just not updated their picture?

I tried to get that exact question answered from them (Jazz Motorsports). Emailed, no response. Called, they said they would find out and never got back to me.

So I tried New Enough. I emailed them since they had the older model pictured as well. Nate, their web sales guy responded in less than 5 minutes that he would contact their supplier to verify that they had the new "Edge" model. Few hours later he got info that they were in fact the new model. I got a 10% coupon from a previous order and bought the pipes right there. I got the stainless steel style. $460 shipped. I love em. :rockon:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Bryan-
I like the way the new style scorp's look. They really look great on the FZ6.

Do you have any idea if these sound the same as the old style? Same tone, same decibel rating?

Road Warrior

Reaction score
Visit site
08 and 09 are the same (maybe the 07 too) but the earlier models have a different cat pipe length, which can cause problems if you get the wrong exhaust for your model, as the replacement y pipe will be too long/short.
I have just fitted a Scorpion Stainless Exhaust from an 08 onto my 06, fitted straight on with no issues and sounds great.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Bryan-
I like the way the new style scorp's look. They really look great on the FZ6.

Do you have any idea if these sound the same as the old style? Same tone, same decibel rating?

I'm not sure about exact decibel rating. I've heard the older style scorps and I would say that qualitatively, the new style are a bit deeper and louder.

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got my stainless scorpions from pipecity. They are the new style, despite the picture.

I have an 09, the ones for 07+ will fit.

I did have some issues with minor leaks, but I was able to work them out.

They sound awesome. Too bad the bike is sitting in the garage right now.

Scorpio

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did have some issues with minor leaks, but I was able to work them out.

I had a small leak at the mid-pipe connection. It seems to have gone away after riding a few time and getting the pipes hot. I'm curious, what did you use to fix yours? RTV?

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a small leak at the mid-pipe connection. It seems to have gone away after riding a few time and getting the pipes hot. I'm curious, what did you use to fix yours? RTV?
Permatex clear high temp. Available at most auto stores in my area.

My original leak was around the midpipe and I noticed some along the rivets of the actual cans. Both, according to Scorpion rep and guy from pipcity, are considered "normal" and should have gone away after a couple hundred miles of carbon buildup, but I was impatient.

Stuff worked real well. I just put a thin coat along the lines and then removed excess with a razor. No leaks, even with the ole faithful cigarette test.

Scorpio

zamolxes

Reaction score
Visit site
Are those really the old style scorpions they are selling or have they just not updated their picture?

I just ordered mine from jazzmotorsports. As the pic was of the old style exhaust, I went ahead and called them. Spoke with Brian who went ahead to call his supplier, and then send me back an email confirming this is the NEW style exhausts. I went ahead and ordered mine CF today.

Last edited:

Mr.Spoofy

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Jazz Motorsports, ordered my S.S. Scorpion Exhaust (new ends) for $399.99 shipped. They had 3 or 4 left if anyone is looking for a deal.

impheatus81

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys i wanna get a FC scorpion exhaust on my fZ6 s2 naked.

is it easy to diy?

in my country the shop quote me $1280 SGD with installation. is it worth the value?

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys i wanna get a FC scorpion exhaust on my fZ6 s2 naked.

is it easy to diy?

in my country the shop quote me $1280 SGD with installation. is it worth the value?
FC? you mean carbon fibre? cannot really compare prices, generally prices they buy their exhausts for are cheaper than prices in singapore.

give motovation a buzz since they are the distributors for the pipe, if they dont provide installation, most shops will do it at about $50-60. of cos you can try to diy.

impheatus81

Reaction score
Visit site
FC? you mean carbon fibre? cannot really compare prices, generally prices they buy their exhausts for are cheaper than prices in singapore.

give motovation a buzz since they are the distributors for the pipe, if they dont provide installation, most shops will do it at about $50-60. of cos you can try to diy.

thanks for replying me enquiry.yes i do mean carbon fibre. does this exhaust need a Y pipe. i call up this bike shop say no need the Y pipe can slip it on. but i check the bike i do think it need a Y pipe to fix it on the CF scorpion exhaust.

can someone clear my doubt. pleae thanks.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
It needs a Y pipe since the stock muffler is just a single inlet with two exits, but the Scorpions (and all the other FZ6 exhausts I've seen) come with the Y pipe included.