Scorpion Exhaust Question

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
For those of you who installed a scorpion exhaust..........Do your exhaust canisters fit nicely with the back of the bike or are the canisters bigger than the stock exhaust? Mine seem bigger and it made putting the rear of the bike back together difficult. Everything seems to fit together, but it's a very tight fit.

I'm just looking for some input.

Thanks,
Nick

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So would you guys say the Scorps are "way louder" than stock?

I'd love to get something with a deeper sound, but not necessarily louder than stock.

EDIT: The Scorpions DO look great!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So would you guys say the Scorps are "way louder" than stock?

I'd love to get something with a deeper sound, but not necessarily louder than stock.

EDIT: The Scorpions DO look great!

If you goal is deeper but not louder look into the Akrapovics. With the DB killers you can tune the sound level you like. From quiet to loud. Only two 4mm screws and pull the DB Killers out.

Last edited:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
The Scorpion muffler support bracket' rubber protectors do contact the underside of the Grab Rail assembly, but that's ok....there is a bit of "vibration" transfer through the seat from the mufflers, but it's not really that noticeable once you get used to it.
The biggest "problem" afaik is the large "U" shaped OEM lower support bracket for the license plate assembly, which does contact the underside of the Scorpion mufflers themselves (not good). I recommend that you do use the replacement bracket supplied in the Scorpion kit, which is flat and gives plenty of clearance between the bracket and the mufflers.
Or...remove the bracket completely and install an FE kit that just attaches to the Scorpion license plate bracket that drops down vertically from the rear of the main muffler support bracket. That's my next project.
As for sound, Yukon_Alex was behind me on his new FZ6 yesterday for about an hour, so he can be an "independent witness" for how loud (or not) my Scorpions are. :D
In my opinion, yes...they are louder than stock, but not obnoxiously so. They have a nice civilized "burble" at idle that turns into a healthy growl under acceleration. The British really do understand what a motorcycle should sound like.
Did I mention I love my Scorpions? :rockon:

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
The Scorpion muffler support bracket' rubber protectors do contact the underside of the Grab Rail assembly, but that's ok....there is a bit of "vibration" transfer through the seat from the mufflers, but it's not really that noticeable once you get used to it.
The biggest "problem" afaik is the large "U" shaped OEM lower support bracket for the license plate assembly, which does contact the underside of the Scorpion mufflers themselves (not good). I recommend that you do use the replacement bracket supplied in the Scorpion kit, which is flat and gives plenty of clearance between the bracket and the mufflers.
Or...remove the bracket completely and install an FE kit that just attaches to the Scorpion license plate bracket that drops down vertically from the rear of the main muffler support bracket. That's my next project.
As for sound, Yukon_Alex was behind me on his new FZ6 yesterday for about an hour, so he can be an "independent witness" for how loud (or not) my Scorpions are. :D
In my opinion, yes...they are louder than stock, but not obnoxiously so. They have a nice civilized "burble" at idle that turns into a healthy growl under acceleration. The British really do understand what a motorcycle should sound like.
Did I mention I love my Scorpions? :rockon:

Thank you for the response.......Are you worried that since the muffler support bracket rubber protectors contact the underside of the Grab Rail assembly, that may lead to the rubber being cut/ripped/torn?

Thanks,
Nick