Scorpion exhaust question

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the new style Scorpions with DB-killers. Pics and details in my site link in my signature, including the DB killers and sound comparisons. When I first got the bike I tried it without the DB-killers and they were too loud for me. I've since done the airbox mod, which made it a bit louder and got a decat pipe, which made it a LOT louder when combined with the airbox mod. I'm now too scared to run the bike without the DB-Killers in now even as a test as I'm afraid it will make my ears bleed and deafen small children and animals as I go past.

Have some consideration for other road users before just getting loud exhausts that p!ss everyone off. It also damages the reputation of all bikers. There's a reason my Scorpions are not road-legal without the DB-killers in!

There are loads of aftermarket baffles you can get for exhausts on Ebay etc that can be fitted with very little trouble. Look here.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
There are loads of aftermarket baffles you can get for exhausts on Ebay etc that can be fitted with very little trouble. Look here.

Bingo! They're all so cheap too, that you could buy different styles, and find the one that sounds the best, while still quieting things down. Local MC shops typically carry those universal ones as well. Ironically(because they'll never use them), they're typically found only in the Harley/cruiser sections.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the new style Scorpions with DB-killers. Pics and details in my site link in my signature, including the DB killers and sound comparisons. When I first got the bike I tried it without the DB-killers and they were too loud for me. I've since done the airbox mod, which made it a bit louder and got a decat pipe, which made it a LOT louder when combined with the airbox mod. I'm now too scared to run the bike without the DB-Killers in now even as a test as I'm afraid it will make my ears bleed and deafen small children and animals as I go past.

Have some consideration for other road users before just getting loud exhausts that p!ss everyone off. It also damages the reputation of all bikers. There's a reason my Scorpions are not road-legal without the DB-killers in!

I still have the cat in and the stock air box so its not too noisy at the lower RPM's. Just listened to your sound bite, a bit quiter and not bad... Thanks for the info, it helps....

Last edited:

Fairport

Reaction score
Visit site
Pipe City has the DB Killers but you must call the 800 number and ask for them directly. According to Scorpion, the HP reduction is 0.4 with the DB Killers inserted.

I'm 53 and their worth it.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Pipe City has the DB Killers but you must call the 800 number and ask for them directly. According to Scorpion, the HP reduction is 0.4 with the DB Killers inserted.

Don't forget that anyone buying these who has the US version of the cans ("Race" version in the UK) will probably need to drill & tap a hole to screw the DB-killers in. They need to be secure. One of those bad boys flying out of a can on the motorway could do a LOT of damage.

You get more response at low-down revs as well with the extra back-pressure they produce.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I called Pipe City earlier today, their out of stock. They asked to check back in 2-3 weeks... Their price is about the same as ordering direct form the UK....

My Scorps have a threaded hole on the inside of each pipe already. Is there more than one threaded hole for each DB killer?

thekraken777

Reaction score
Visit site
We used to be a vendor on here and we have an offer to get a bunch of Scorpions for the FZ6 at a good price. Just checking to see how many people would be interested.

JSER

Reaction score
Visit site
I know this is a month later but I'd be interested too if it ends up happening... I'm saving up to buy a set of scorpions some time before the summer :)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, I'm still on the fence about buying the DB killers, I like the way it sounds without them....

Anyway, you can get them direct without bothering anyone to do a favor...

Update: I received the DB killers direct from Scorpion as they DON'T COME TO THE US with them. Pipe City did not have them in stock and didn't know when they would be in.

The stock Scorps are already drilled and the the DB killers come with bolts and washers for the install.

After installing them in my 07, they are considerably quieter, actually too quiet for me. I pulled them back out and boxed them up for sale. $80.00 shipped inside the US if anyones interested. (I paid $105.00 and waited a month and a half.)

SOLD....

Last edited:

fergie.g

Lives for the ride!
Reaction score
Visit site
A+ for Jimmy! I just put in my order yesterday and he was really helpful about everything. Even went as far as doing a price match for Rizoma rearsets I wanted. Can't wait to get my stuff! :-D

fergie.g

Lives for the ride!
Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up the slip ons today, pretty good impression right out of the box. Hopefully I will get around to installing it soon.

Jimmy, brother, please sort out what happened with the Rizoma Rearsets, they did not ship out in the same box. :(