Scorpion exhaust question

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't feel too bad, I wanted the old Scorps, with the little tip sticking out that everyone seems to hate. lol By the time I started looking, it was either the new style or no Scorps. Well, I decided no Scorps, and am trying to save for a set of Remus cans instead. I almost went for the Mivv's on sale at PJ's, but I just refuse to buy cans that I'll have to repack. Just not doing that again!

I'm sure early next year you'll be able to find them easily. Everything seems to be hard to get this time of year.

1... 2.. 3... GO!! http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/35341-scorpion-exhaust-ss-slip-ons.html

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I ordered my Scorps I wanted the old style, (with the tubes sticking out the back) however I got the new style and just kept them..

As stated above, in the US, the SCORP'S DO NOT come with the DB killers. About $500 OTD.

Scorpion direct will not ship the DB killer's to the US.

Someone did post awhile ago a site where you can buy the DB killers in the states however they were about $100 EACH....

The Scorp stickers on the sides are removable if desired as well..

Last edited:

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone has a good close up pic of the FZ6 db killer out of the pipes could you post it up.... be nice to see if I could find a way to make something similar for cheap.

... sorry for the :hijack: Sparky, seemed like the best place to ask since scorpions is the topic. Maybe this will end up being some helpful info for you in your decision as well. :D

In the end I still like the looks of the Scorpions better and for the price I bought them for it was a no brainer. If I were buying new however I might chose something that gave me an option of a db killer. Seems its not to easy to get them for the Scorpions in the States.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
At lower RPMs, IMHO, the Scorps are not super, terribly loud (without the DB killers).

I got used to them, (I'm 52) with time however they do sound like a 1000 sportbike when you get on the throttle , sounds really sweet.

I probably wouldn't put in the DB killers unless the local police are thick and your constantly heavy on the throttle... The engine screams in the upper RPM's without them... :)

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site
I emailed Scorpion asking the price. They said what I posted above. £25 each plus postage. They also said there are different styles depending on the type of can - I guess whether they have the new or old style tips.

The silencers in Kazza's pics have the allen bolt in them for fastening the db killer, same as mine.

So's you know.... in Europe a silencer must carry either an E-mark or the OEM homologated part number in order to be road legal. To have the E-mark the silencer can emit only a certain noise level, so the db killers are fitted. Removing the db killer is illegal for road use, as the cans then do not meet the E-mark specification. Hence the wording in the quote from Scorpion.

Last edited:

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site

Haha, I saw that thread yesterday, before I saw your link just now. Thanks anyways! And yes, they are on the way to my doorstep. :D

The silencers Scorpion uses are quite generic. They look just like they do in the drawing on their site. Anyone could easily measure the can outlets, and get some generic one off ebay or your local MC shop, and make it work. It'd be pretty cheap too. If my soon to be mine Scorps are too loud, that's what I'm going to do.

Last edited:

SynergisticFX

Reaction score
Visit site
I was waiting to get some Scorp cans as well but ran out of cash, however, ready to pick them up now! Sounds like there are a few of us out there interested in these, anyone thinking group buy? Personally I'd like to stay under $500 and also have the option of getting the DB killers along with the pack...

Sparky10

Reaction score
Visit site
$500 is the range I am looking as well, for either carbon or titanium. But there will be none here until sometime in 2011. One of the place I talked to told me to call them around the second week of January and they could probably give me a good idea on when they would be able to have more in stock.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
$500 is the range I am looking as well, for either carbon or titanium. But there will be none here until sometime in 2011. One of the place I talked to told me to call them around the second week of January and they could probably give me a good idea on when they would be able to have more in stock.

Check to see if the DB killers are included. Most likely not (in the US).. Just an FYI, I thought they'd come with mine but didn't (newer style in SS)..

In Europe, their apparently standard/mandatory..

SynergisticFX

Reaction score
Visit site
Check to see if the DB killers are included. Most likely not (in the US).. Just an FYI, I thought they'd come with mine but didn't (newer style in SS)..

In Europe, their apparently standard/mandatory..

Did you end up getting DB killers? Is there any data on how much louder the bike is from stock, to scorps w/ DB killers, to scorps w/o DB killers? I want to hear the note but don't want to blast out my ears along the way.

Sparky, let me know what you hear from your shop when you get in touch with them.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you end up getting DB killers? Is there any data on how much louder the bike is from stock, to scorps w/ DB killers, to scorps w/o DB killers? I want to hear the note but don't want to blast out my ears along the way.

I never did get the DB killers, not at $100 a side.... I got used to them, I can still hear my stereo helmet am/fm under normal riding, and when getting on it, I really like the sound and don't want it muffled anymore than it is.. I'm 52 and don't like obnoxiously loud bikes. IMHO, it isn't, unless you ride it alot in the upper RPMs. I could live with it, with the open Scorps, no problem..

If I want quiet, I take one of the other bikes out (stock exhaust on both).

Hope this helps...

Last edited:

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
We need one of our friends overseas to pop one out and snap some photos at a couple different angles.:thumbup: See if these might be worth fabbing up at home?

SynergisticFX

Reaction score
Visit site
We need one of our friends overseas to pop one out and snap some photos at a couple different angles.:thumbup: See if these might be worth fabbing up at home?

+1 :thumbup:

I'll just make sure to take my MSF ERC class before I put the pipes on so that I don't get the boot for bringing in an "excessively" loud bike as per some stories I've heard.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I found my Scorpions on craigslist from a guy who bought them 1 month prior, BRAND NEW. This was back in 2009 - so I know the 2009 models have the "conical" tips that you are looking for.

I paid 300$ for my scorps, granted the guy crashed his bike and the left muffler had a small ding in it.

I would look on craigslist before going to a supplier - just my 2 cents.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Updated info: I did get a hold of Scorpion Mufflers in the UK.

The DB killers for the conical ends area available and can be shipped direct to the US. 2 DB killers shipped to SW Florida is about $100 with the current money/pound conversion rate.

Per the person I've contacted(via e-mail):

"Scott,

The db killers would fit flush and not stick out.

The shipping price to you would be an additional £15.00 so making the total to pay £65.00

By fitting the db killers you will not get such deep note but they will still sound good.

Regards"

The person to e-mail direct is: [email protected]

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Updated info: I did get a hold of Scorpion Mufflers in the UK.

The DB killers for the conical ends area available and can be shipped direct to the US. 2 DB killers shipped to SW Florida is about $100 with the current money/pound conversion rate.

Per the person I've contacted(via e-mail):

"Scott,

The db killers would fit flush and not stick out.

The shipping price to you would be an additional £15.00 so making the total to pay £65.00

By fitting the db killers you will not get such deep note but they will still sound good.

Regards"

The person to e-mail direct is: [email protected]

That's good to know! I'm surprised they don't offer them direct in the US.

As you stated, the Scorps aren't all that loud at lower RPMS. At about 6-7K they really come alive.

There was a accident on the freeway this morning, traffic was backed up and slow. People were impatient, darting between lanes to avoid the closed lane...very sketchy for motorcycling through. I downshifted to a lower gear and held my RPMS high. LOUD...gotta let 'em know I'm there! BUt I was thinking to myself how loud these cans can be at about 8K :rockon: