Schuberth SR1 USA DOT Helmet Review

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
In all respects, just as good as the original. Is this the best motorcycle helmet money can buy?

More...

filitosa

Reaction score
Visit site
THe SR1 looks a lot like the S2 especially the neck roll and underside, alos the lip. Wind noise is a problem.
I have been riding the S2 now for a month. Great helmet BUT....I can't get rid of the wind turbulence without riding with a gentle throat hold with my left hand. Have tried all types of neck wear. My S1 did not have this problem. I cant hear the SRC unit with the S2. I hear the Scala rider II fine with the S1. i am so disappointed in this $700 helmet, the S2. If anyone has a solution please post. I have sent pictures and talked with SchubertUSA they have no fix and just say sorry.

falcon6123

Reaction score
Visit site
My buddy has an SR1 and I have the S2 and I gotta say I absolutley love my S2 compared to the SR1. However, the SR1 was made for as a complete race helmet and does everything that it's intended to. The S2 is just a great all around helmet, although a little expensive.

falcon6123

Reaction score
Visit site
THe SR1 looks a lot like the S2 especially the neck roll and underside, alos the lip. Wind noise is a problem.
I have been riding the S2 now for a month. Great helmet BUT....I can't get rid of the wind turbulence without riding with a gentle throat hold with my left hand. Have tried all types of neck wear. My S1 did not have this problem. I cant hear the SRC unit with the S2. I hear the Scala rider II fine with the S1. i am so disappointed in this $700 helmet, the S2. If anyone has a solution please post. I have sent pictures and talked with SchubertUSA they have no fix and just say sorry.

Have you tried the extra chin skirt that the helmet came with?