Sat Nav Advice

Andy Mc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all i was wondering if you guys had any experience with sat navs for the bike. my budget is around the $200 £150 mark. I was thinking of buying a car one and getting a waterproof case, but in reading them i realise that not many have a long battery life or even a headphone jack. I wouldnt be using it that much just for trips away.

Any advice much appreciated.

Andy

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Andy,

There's been lots of threads on here about Sat Navs, if you do a search you should be able to find lots of info.

I've got a Tomtom Rider and I think it's great. You can wire it to the bike's battery for charging on the go. It's got a bluetooth headset and if you have a bluetooth phone you can link it to that too for hands free calls. The only downside is that, unlike the Garmin Zumo, it doesn't play mp3s.

However, I tend to use it more and more without the headset as it annoys me after a while! Bike specific ones are pricey, and many other members here have bought car ones and used waterproof cases and RAM mounts. I reckon it's a good compromise - all depends on how much money you have to spend!

Good luck!

mattstrat

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there, I just got a GPS last week for the bike and I ended up getting a Garmin Nuvi 550. The Nuvi 500 & 550 are waterproof like the Zumos from what I found (the other Nuvis are your normal car type) but no they don't have bluetooth or a speaker out if that is something you want. I was originally looking at Zumos too but couldn't justify the extra $$$ right now. There's a huge thread at Adventure Rider Motorcycle Forum about "which GPS is best" that I found pretty helpful too.

Have fun.