saddlebag strap under the seat?

Convict1997

Reaction score
Visit site
I just purchased a 2005 FZ6. I'm trying to mount my saddlebags and the best way I've found, so far, is to run the strap under the seat. My bags have one large strap about 10 - 12 inches wide. Currently, I have the strap under the seat and it covers most of the passenger seat area from the seat latch back. I noticed a sticker under the seat in this area that mentions allowing the exhaust to cool to avoid burns. Will this area get hot enough to cause problems with running the strap under the seat?

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a set of saddelbags with a wide "strap" alomost the width of the whole bag, running under my seat right where you describe. It is under the passenger seat directly above the exhaust and that warning panel and I have had no issues. I did a 250+ mile ride and checked that area a few times and no issues. It gets hot but not to the point of melting the nylon. You should be fine if the material is similar (I think mine is cordua, Chase Harper "cruiser saddlebags"). The heat shielding is pretty good down there.

P.S. welcome to the forum!

Wildblu

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm doing the same thing. I have two smaller straps but its the same concept. I find it works the best that way as well as looks better.

Convict1997

Reaction score
Visit site
Good deal. I figured with the seat pan being made of plastic, it should be fine, but I wanted to hear from those who know. Thanks guys.