Saddle/Tank/Tail Bags

Todd08

Molly and Jacks Dad
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone help me find a web site that sells bags designed for a '08 FZ6. I would like a tail bag if possible.

Thanks All

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
You arent going to find much that is specificly tailored to the FZ6 unless you go to the Hardbags through givi. The softbags are all going to be just for sportbikes.

A good tailbag, anysize really and a set of mini-saddle bags fit the bike nicely.

Also as for tank bags, if you get a magnetic bag, do not throw electronics or credit cards inside of it. The strap on style can be a pain espically when filling up with fuel and tends to scratch the tank easily. I think the best I have found that I would run are the kind that hook onto the tank lid with an adapter.

I am running the givi-rack on my bike just to hold the tailbag for when my girlfriend rides with me on long trips. It works great as a luggage rack even if you are not using the hard case back there.

You get what you pay for in this stuff. So spend some time doing your homework before you buy. Most (if not all) shops can get the stuff for you as well. Tucker Rocky and Parts Unlimited have a good supply of this stuff.

-bryan

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a shot of the Axio hard tailbag in "electric blue" which is damn close to "Yamaha blue." There are other colors available. This is a compact bag; no room for the kitchen sink. Got it through NewEnough.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're interested and they are available in your area, I own a set of Oxford panniers (saddlebags) and I am pretty happy with them. Good quality

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a shot of the Axio hard tailbag in "electric blue" which is damn close to "Yamaha blue." There are other colors available. This is a compact bag; no room for the kitchen sink. Got it through NewEnough.

I have that bag in the CF. It is a great bag. I throw it on for day trips and it holds my DSLR camera, wallet, keys, map and a hat perfectly. They arent that expensive and they work well. However I think the velcro on the front straps are starting to get week...

-bryan

Andyjo

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually just picked up some Cortech sport saddle bags today, and then put ~300 miles on them with the girlfriend. They look nice, pretty easy to throw on/take off, they dont' shift around, and there's more than enough room for both of us to throw some extra clothes, towels, swim stuff, shoes, etc.. in there. I'll get some pics one of these days. I also roll around with a small joe rocket magnetic tank bag for all of the little things, wallet, cell phone, ex-pass, gps.. I haven't had problems with the magnets messing anything up yet.. and I've been using is for a year+ now.

Anyhow, back on topic of the saddle bags, there is enough room for you to go 2 up with them, but i heard complains that there isn't much room to move her feet around back there, I guess she can only really get the back/heel of her foot on the pegs. I may have to mess around with sliding the bags back about an inch more to provide some more clearance. On other small thing... this might go for most riding... if you go out to eat, don't put the wrapped up food on the top of the pack :banghead:
When we got back, I found that there was creamy garlic Alfredo sauce al over the bottom of the left bag... grrr... So i guess we learn from this, never let anyone else pack things in the bags....

here's the link:
Cortech by Tour Master Sport Saddlebags :: New Enough Motorcycle Hard Parts