Saddle bag worries Fz6 S2

Tippyz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everybody!

I have a quick question and im sure there is nothing to worry about but just making sure.
Im looking at getting saddle bags for my 09 Fz6 S2, but the bags would be sitting (and on some bags the straps as well) right next to or touching the exhaust. Do i have to worry about what kind of bags i get?

(btw- i have stock exhaust)

O and if anyone can recommend some good saddle bags under $200 that would be great! There are so many out there i just cant make up my mind.

Thank you!
Mike

I have motopak bags on mine and they work great. No problems with heat from the exhaust although when I did my fender eliminator, it removed some plastic that the straps were sitting on. I got a heat shield to fix that problem though. May be something to look into if you don't have the stock fender

I have the KAPPA TK731 Saddlebags for my 06 FEZ. They work great and have lots of room. With the two straps that connect the two bags together (side to side), I placed the front one under the seat but the rear one over the grab bars and over the top of the seat. I used Velcro to attach the front to the supports for the rear foot pegs and the the frame of the license plate to support the rear. The bags sit close to the exhaust, but are not touching. Even if they did touch, I don't think the exhaust gets hot enough to cause a problem.

The other thing I should mention, is I used cloth grocery bags as inserts, so I can leave the saddle bags attached to my bike, and simply slip out the grocery bags with the contents still inside.

Back