Sad day: FS 2008 FZ6 - $3300

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
EDIT: SOLD SOLD SOLD

Hey all, I've decided that I'm not going to worry about moving and storing most my stuff on my trip to colorado, so I'm just going to sell what I can and buy what I need when I get there. This means the bike has to go.

The deets:
2008 FZ6
36k lovingly fun (and easy, I don't thrash on her) miles
Mechanically and visually in great shape!

Mods:
OSO2K Rearset setback plates
Red Rim Tape
Two Brothers Aluminum slip-on exhaust (I have the stock one too!, I paid ~$675 for this baby)
Motodynamics integrated tail light
+2 rear sprocket (better accel)
520 chain
FZ1 handlebars
12v marine grade cigarette lighter
K&N Air filter

I'm gonna miss her, but it's for the best.
Here are some pics:
1977318_10202016223547684_4696547219467117067_n.jpg

10253978_10202016223427681_6365593439381542272_n.jpg

1978648_10202016223467682_2525246744680046875_n.jpg

10013255_10202016223507683_6859796638638077654_n.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope you'll be able to find a replacement for your FZ6 soon after you get here.....it would be a shame for you to live in Boulder and NOT have a bike. There are just too many great places in Colorado to ride on a motorcycle.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys, I'll definitely get a bike when I get there! Just gotta decide what!

Now to just give her a new loving home! :)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You'll love the canyons. I grew up in Estes Park. From Boulder you've got HWY's 36, 34, 7, Boulder Canyon, Peak to Peak. In Ft. Collins I LOVED Poudre Canyon, Rist Canyon, looong trip, Rabbit Ears Pass in the way to Steamboat Springs. Just watch out of gravel early in the year and animals at dusk and dawn.

http://www.coloradodot.info/travel/scenic-byways/north-central/peak-to-peak

Have FUN! I envy you SO much.

Brenda - I need a good luck happy dance, Thursday I interview with DELL in Austin.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Michigan to Boulder, you're going to regret selling that bike the minute you arrive. The Rocky Mountains versus the moraines of Michigan, no comparison.

D

Deleted member 24810

I'll buy the exhaust if you want to part out. Let me know

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Michigan to Boulder, you're going to regret selling that bike the minute you arrive. The Rocky Mountains versus the moraines of Michigan, no comparison.

I'll be buying something the first week I'm there. ;)

But yeah, any takers? I'm trying not to part it out if possible just because with packing and moving I don't have much time to take the old exhaust off and put the stock back on.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I brought my bike up to Idaho from Vegas by putting it in the back of a Penske Rental truck. It was nice to know that if the truck broke down, I had back up.

Good luck on the move, I know what it's like. Pack, pack, pack.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
I brought my bike up to Idaho from Vegas by putting it in the back of a Penske Rental truck. It was nice to know that if the truck broke down, I had back up.

Good luck on the move, I know what it's like. Pack, pack, pack.

Thanks! I think it's just time to move to a different bike as well. I'm looking for something with a little more character. Probably some sort of triple or v-twin. :)

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
(Quoted from another thread)

Wait...what happened to change your mind?

Cost, and the ability to start over. It was going to cost me $1,000 to rent a penske truck to drive from MI to boulder. I know it's tax deductible, but on top of that I'll have to rent a storage unit for everything else for at least a couple months at $115/mo. Ran the numbers and figured out it's worth it to just sell whatever I cant' fit in my car, then buy stuff as I need it.

I really don't want to leave her behind, as she's SUCH a great bike. But she can be a great bike for someone else now. :)

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Cost, and the ability to start over. It was going to cost me $1,000 to rent a penske truck to drive from MI to boulder. I know it's tax deductible, but on top of that I'll have to rent a storage unit for everything else for at least a couple months at $115/mo. Ran the numbers and figured out it's worth it to just sell whatever I cant' fit in my car, then buy stuff as I need it.

I really don't want to leave her behind, as she's SUCH a great bike. But she can be a great bike for someone else now. :)

DId you account for the cost of buying a new bike (even used) for $5-7K and then you'll have to throw a couple grand into it to make it like you want and most likely higher bike insurance and lower fuel economy? ;)

I've run the numbers too many times. Every time I've thought about upgrading a bike or car. Although we all WANT It to sound like a good financial decision to upgrade it never really, truly is in the end. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
I have done that as well. The other thing is, it's making me sell a few other things I don't/won't need, like furniture and such. I would have had to store it for at least 3 months when I got there at $115/mo. This way I have a fresh start, and some cash in my pocket to do the things I really want to.

Plus it'll give me the push to move to a dream bike. :) The FZ6 has treated me very well for over 20,000 miles. My friend's dad is going to buy her so I know she'll go to a good home.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
20K miles is more than most riders put on one bike. You are due. :thumbup:

Even if I decided otherwise, she's officially found a new home.

ViviiFZ6's dad has wanted that bike since I bought it, so he had first dibs. She's going to a loving home now.

Now then... on to bike shopping!!!! :rockon: