running/turn signals not working

hawki1988

Reaction score
Visit site
i have an 05 fz6 and the rear right running light is out, but the turn signal works. the left side only has running lights and the turn signal doesn't come on. the left turn indicator (arrow) is lit up constantly lit up green. any ideas?

buccs40oz

Reaction score
Visit site
the rear lights are not running lights. at least not on my 04. not calling you a dummy but did you check the bulbs on the side that is lit up?

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
no running lights in the rear of my 06 either... could be a dirty switch or faulty flasher relay. How is the front signal behaving?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Almost sounds like something is crossed.

My 06 has no rear running light except the tail/brake light. I have turn signals. Is the tail light working properly?

As some one said previous. Check that the lamps are installed correctly.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
NO bike, FZ6 or otherwise, or vehicle for that matter, has REAR FACING AMBER RUNNING LIGHTS.

Lol, if I had a dollar for everyone who's posted that "my rear running lights don't work" I could buy another FZ6!! ;)

If they do have rear running lights, they must be RED by law. Amber is for forward and side facing. I know some guys have modded their rear signals to double as running lights for added visibility.

+1 with the short/wires crossed as your left should not be ON all the time. If the right is not funcitoning at all and the left is always on + flashing, then it sounds like a short of some kind.

Have you done anything to the wiring of your bike lately? Or washed it?

Last edited:

hawki1988

Reaction score
Visit site
NO bike, FZ6 or otherwise, or vehicle for that matter, has REAR FACING AMBER RUNNING LIGHTS.

Lol, if I had a dollar for everyone who's posted that "my rear running lights don't work" I could buy another FZ6!! ;)

I'm glad that it's a common mistake then lol.

I have been messing with it a bit and watching it when i ride around a parking lot. after a bit of riding the back left light turns off (so everything looks normal) and i can use my blinker, but it blinks really fast. i haven't had a chance to take anything apart yet (the joy of two jobs)

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
If your signals are blinking fast and you have not put on any LED signal lights, then I would guess that you might have a problem with one of the bulbs.

Not sure if the rear bulbs are dual filiment or not, but in a car, if one of your signal light bulb's burn out, your signals flash at a higher rate as an indication to the driver that you have a bulb out. Not sure if this is the same with our bikes but something to check out.