Run into any pricks like this.....

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ive been only riding for 2 months(just over 2000km) and I was wondering if anyone else has run into this type of cager: As you approach each other on a 2 lane road, a little before you pass by each other the jackass behind the wheel decides to fake pulling into your lane or actually move towards you?
My first ride on the Fizzer was to a local beach. My buddy was ahead of me on his harley and I was close behind. As a van was appraching I noticed the guy behind the wheel motion quckly on the steering wheel like he was going to head-on us. My buddy didnt even flinch. Scared the shi t outta me. Idiot behind the wheel starts cracking up along with the chick beside him. I felt like turning around but I didnt.

I forgot about that incident until tonight. On my way home from work I was on a backroad doing about 90 kph when a mini-truck approached. Meathead that was driving starts to turn into me as we are about to pass. WTF!! Not sure what his prob was but it was certainly intentional. He looked into my eyes as we passed with a smirk on his face. what an ass.

So, has this happened to anyone else? I'm sure it has since this is my second incident in 2 months.

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think that is worse than the idiot that didn't see you. At least with them its totally unintentional. I am very glad to here that your observation skills are spot on, well done for that.

Nelly

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the club! I don't trust any driver while riding. Too many unknowns in the equation. Always employ Seek, evalute, and execute (SEE) while riding. Stay focused and "in the moment".

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Hasn't happened to me, fortunately... Man, I wish there was something us bikers could do to punish those suckers hard!

B

bluenova

Normally by the time a driver spots me I'm already passed them and 1/2 a km down the road. I feel very vulnerable when riding at the same speed as the cars as I have to constantly look 360 degrees around me, so I try to avoid it.

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
It's been a while but YEP, happend to me. What MORONS... I'd love to weave the Fire Engine at em' and see how they like it....

:rof: I get this image of a big ol' fire engine with it's driver getting that little smirk on his face as he acts like he's going to weave into the @$sh0Ie cager.

As far as whether it's happened to me... Yep, I've had it happen too.

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
If you had the right lawyer, you could charge those people with attempted murder!! You can always give them the finger...

attachment.php

I think it would be really funny if a cager did that to an undercover motorcycle cop!! That would be priceless.

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
I think that is worse than the idiot that didn't see you. At least with them its totally unintentional. I am very glad to here that your observation skills are spot on, well done for that.

Nelly

I was thinking the same thing, It good to see that you are being observant of what is happening around you, that will keep you as safe as possible.:thumbup:

W

wrightme43

Try to just stay chillin and enjoy your ride. There are plenty of idiots that will chase him down, and beat him up for you. Enjoy your ride, and dont let a asshat ruin it for you.

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies and ideas(paintball gun, sparkplugs:D ) Im not too eager to start sheet with people in traffic. Even up in Canada more people are packing, dont want to run into the wrong mentalcase at the wrong time.
i'll just keep my headup and focused

ps...I have some friends in law enforcement, so if I really need an address......:sinister:

pps...I've never asked said friends for such a favour, but they always ask me if I got a plate when I tell them stories like this

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

Cops love people like that. They are generally good people, and like to stop idiots and make thier lives suck. Go RCMP go Cops!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Get the plate number and use it. Until one of "said friends" goes and talks to them, they will continue to terrorize bikers. You're doing not only yourself a favor but every other biker out there as well. With that "Tick" on his record, should it happen again and he's reported, he may face a ticket, fine, penalty or hopefully jail time! :thumbup:

F

FZSex

Ive been only riding for 2 months(just over 2000km) and I was wondering if anyone else has run into this type of cager: As you approach each other on a 2 lane road, a little before you pass by each other the jackass behind the wheel decides to fake pulling into your lane or actually move towards you?
My first ride on the Fizzer was to a local beach. My buddy was ahead of me on his harley and I was close behind. As a van was appraching I noticed the guy behind the wheel motion quckly on the steering wheel like he was going to head-on us. My buddy didnt even flinch. Scared the shi t outta me. Idiot behind the wheel starts cracking up along with the chick beside him. I felt like turning around but I didnt.

I forgot about that incident until tonight. On my way home from work I was on a backroad doing about 90 kph when a mini-truck approached. Meathead that was driving starts to turn into me as we are about to pass. WTF!! Not sure what his prob was but it was certainly intentional. He looked into my eyes as we passed with a smirk on his face. what an ass.

So, has this happened to anyone else? I'm sure it has since this is my second incident in 2 months.

YEP.. one time and I debated turning around but ...well big truck vs bike wins over idiot vs bike rider packing a 9mm

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site

This is not an unusual thing to happen here in Metro Vancouver....I don't know what the problem is, but I suspect it's some sort of jealous/envy thing. I've been swerved at by both oncoming traffic, and by cars alongside me on dual-lane roads. Both instances are quite deliberate...this was not a case that they "didn't see me". In one instance, an older guy in a pickup started moving into my lane when I was beside him. I honked my horn and he then swerved violently towards me, with an incredibly angry look on his gob.
Be careful out there. Canada is not the kindler, gentler place the Tourism Bureau would have everyone believe.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Get the plate number and use it. Until one of "said friends" goes and talks to them, they will continue to terrorize bikers. You're doing not only yourself a favor but every other biker out there as well. With that "Tick" on his record, should it happen again and he's reported, he may face a ticket, fine, penalty or hopefully jail time! :thumbup:

Unfortunately, our local police don't/won't take action against a driver behaving in this manner, even if you give them the plate number. If you're on a bike, you must have been to blame, you see....