Rox Risers and FZ1 Bar

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
I tackled this myself, which, if you knew me, is kind of a big deal. Pretty straightforward. I moved the grips and controls inboard so I could put the bar end mirrors on the stock bar ends. I haven't ridden it yet, and this week looks crappy.

dsc0580ue.jpg

dsc0579oa.jpg

dsc0577f.jpg

dsc0576q.jpg

Joe

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had my risers for almost 2 years now, and I love them. Where did you get yours? Most places were sold out, a friend of mine was looking for a set.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice job and nice pics (what camera is that :))

I've done this mod (well, Rizoma bars) and you're right, it is an easy mod. Great result :thumbup:

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice job and nice pics (what camera is that :))

I've done this mod (well, Rizoma bars) and you're right, it is an easy mod. Great result :thumbup:

Thanks. I have a Nikon D40 camera. I got it when I was the unofficial photographer when my girls were playing hockey.

Joe

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
great mod i like those risers!! question did ur garmin gps come with that mount?? if not where did u get it from?

markustyson

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice setup and it looks awesome!!
Mind if I ask how tall you are? I'm 6'1 and looking to swap my bar for either the FZ1 bar or rizoma bar...can't decide! I want something that's more comfortable for touring, as the stock bars always give me a pinch in my traps. I know, weird. Have you done a long trip on them yet?

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice setup and it looks awesome!!
Mind if I ask how tall you are? I'm 6'1 and looking to swap my bar for either the FZ1 bar or rizoma bar...can't decide! I want something that's more comfortable for touring, as the stock bars always give me a pinch in my traps. I know, weird. Have you done a long trip on them yet?

Thanks. I am 6' even, but I just did this mod and haven't even ridden it yet. Rain, rain, rain. The rise is higher, but I am more interested in the new bar having less sweep. My right wrist hurt consistently when I rode.

Joe

markustyson

Reaction score
Visit site
I paid $79 for mine, you got great deal! I'm 6'2" and the risers and the fz1 bar are just the right height for me, I also have a bad lower back. You'll love the set up!

Did you ever do long-distance with just the fz1 bar, no risers? If so, how was it? I might look into getting the risers, just atking it one step at a time.

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
I paid $79 for mine, you got great deal! I'm 6'2" and the risers and the fz1 bar are just the right height for me, I also have a bad lower back. You'll love the set up!

Hey, I just noticed your name. Do you play Frisbee golf? Back in the day, we called it Folf. I played Ultimate for UConn from '79-'83. Good times. The name of our team was the Shroomin' Humans.

Joe

06fiz600

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice job, I like the mirrors,
what did you do anything to the fairing mirror mounts? Or did you just leave them?
Either way, the fz1 bar swap will be next for me. :thumbup:

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I just noticed your name. Do you play Frisbee golf? Back in the day, we called it Folf. I played Ultimate for UConn from '79-'83. Good times. The name of our team was the Shroomin' Humans.

Joe

Sorry I didn't get respond to this faster, I haven't been on the site much since I hurt my back again. I might not be able to ride after I heal. So back to the question, yes I used to play discgolf, I love the game, also do to the bad back I will have to give that up too :spank:. I've never played ultimate, I wish had when I was younger.

badweatherbiker

Reaction score
Visit site
Did the stock cables and wires fit fine or did you have to buy longer ones?
I have some of these risers from my last bike and a friend has a spare FZ1 bar, I think i'll put them on the stock bars are too narrow.

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
Did the stock cables and wires fit fine or did you have to buy longer ones?
I have some of these risers from my last bike and a friend has a spare FZ1 bar, I think i'll put them on the stock bars are too narrow.

Stock cables were fine. I think I turned the banjo bolt on the master cylinder a little.

Since this is an older thread, I'll report a complete lack of wrist pain with this setup.

Joe