Rossi: We're all responsible…

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
"that made it hard for me, as the bike was difficult to ride and I couldn't push hard" doesn't sound like he's sharing the blame THAT much...

What gets me is, they were trying to improve a proven Race winning bike.....now they bike has been improved so much, it cant get within 2 seconds a lap of the leaders.....Jeremy Burgess looked very distressed on the Weekend, me thinks the boys are in "struggle town" big time!

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
Another example of an athlete who hangs around too long and slowly embarasses himself with poor performance. He should have quit while at the top instead of going to Ducati to try to prove something. Shame.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another example of an athlete who hangs around too long and slowly embarasses himself with poor performance. He should have quit while at the top instead of going to Ducati to try to prove something. Shame.

I tried to tell the Rossi fans this a while back, and they would have nothing of it....

The reality is, Moto GP is a tough tough series, the best in the World, and it has 4-5 very very fast young, hungry riders, who are now consistently faster than the great Champion.

:thumbup:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mick's words are ringing true, 'You get 10 years at the top'.

As much as I am not a Rossi fan, it is sad to see his performances this year.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

As much as I am not a Rossi fan, it is sad to see his performances this year.

Yes, even i was a bit sad for a second, when i saw him wobbling around on the weekend...was a shadow of his former self....

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Exactly what I was going to say :thumbup:

You know times are tough when the Great Grandfather of the field Colin Edwards is on the podium all cripple & old like , then here you are running around struggling for a top 10 :D

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried to tell the Rossi fans this a while back, and they would have nothing of it....

The reality is, Moto GP is a tough tough series, the best in the World, and it has 4-5 very very fast young, hungry riders, who are now consistently faster than the great Champion.

And I'm a big Rossi fan....I've got seven of his 1/8 scale metal models sitting in my display case, but he has nothing to prove, he has every record that counts in his pocket. So why go to Ducati and try to compete with the likes of Stoner and Lorenzo? He's fabulously wealthy and can do anything he wants, I guess it is human drive to try to continue to compete but he should have gone out at the top.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't blame him for trying, what the heck. At least he didn't retire, and them come out of retirement, and then retire, and then come out of retirement, and then retire, and....
Not mentioning any names here... :rolleyes:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So why go to Ducati and try to compete with the likes of Stoner and Lorenzo? He's fabulously wealthy and can do anything he wants, I guess it is human drive to try to continue to compete but he should have gone out at the top.

Maybe he likes motorcycles...like us? :D

jjjjime

Reaction score
Visit site

That first sentence is ridiculous. Last year at this time, he was the two-time defending champion. Typical hater talk. :rolleyes:

The second part though, definitely true. Its nice to see some new contenders, even if simoncelli blows his podium every race.

Last edited:

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Nobody said a thing about the positive trend of improvements before this past weekend but the first failure they had and bam - Rossi's career is over, told ya so, he's done, he should retire, never again will he win, etc. Honestly, I find this pretty entertaining :)

To those who asked why not retire when he's at the top? For the same reason that Edwards and Capirossi are still around - they love what they are doing. Mad props to all 3 of them.

As for the comment about the winning bike - win it or bin it is not the greatest of tactics ya know ;) 5 DNFs speak for themselves.

On a positive note Rossi says the front end of the bike is a lot more confidence inspiring right now and the rear of the 2012 bike is a lot nicer than the current bike so it seems at least they apply what they've learned into the development of the new machine.

Unrelated article from motogp from latest test:

motogp.com · Ducati's Mugello test ends with Rossi back on the GP12

Franco Battaini completed a series of tests with both the GP11 and the G12, while Vittoriano Guareschi followed Valentino’s progress from the box, along with Filippo Preziosi.
“It was another positive test,” said Rossi. “We had a number of things to try, including a new step with the frame that I liked. The general feeling was good. I was already happy with the engine the first time I tried it, and now we’re also making progress with the rest of the bike. Naturally, we’ll have to see when the others try their 2012 bikes, but as far as we’re concerned, for the moment we’re satisfied; our bike is already good. Riding at Mugello is always a pleasure. On top of everything else, the conditions today were perfect, so in addition to the good work we carried out—because I did 80 laps—I enjoyed my time riding. Compliments to the circuit for the new additions; the main grandstand is really nice, and of course I hope to see Mugello filled with fans for the race.”
“For this test we brought an updated frame for Valentino to try,” echoed Filippo Preziosi, “along with several other interesting things, and I’m pleased to report that we received positive feedback. The lap times were better than at the last test, which is additional confirmation that we’re working in the right direction. A big thank-you to Valentino and Nicky, to all the guys on the Team, and Ducati, where they’re extremely committed and are working really hard.”

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That first sentence is ridiculous. Last year at this time, he was the two-time defending champion. Typical hater talk. :rolleyes:

The second part though, definitely true. Its nice to see some new contenders, even if simoncelli blows his podium every race.

2 x successive BUT he is actually a 6 x MotoGP champion.

1 x 500cc championship

1 x 250cc championship

1 x 125cc championship

I know the boys give Rossi a hard time, and being such a one-eyed, biased fanatic, I understand this.

But the stats speak for themselves.

No matter what is happening with him and the Ducati right now, he will go down in history as one of the greats.

Nothing can change that :)

I would just love to see him handle the red bike like the little blonde git did.

Then I'd really be happy.

The Aussie boys know that for me, I'm happy to see him out there. It will be a sad day for me when VR is no longer on the grid. They give me 5h1t, but it's all in good fun.

Still hate Casey though :BLAA:

jjjjime

Reaction score
Visit site
2 x successive BUT he is actually a 6 x MotoGP champion.

1 x 500cc championship

1 x 250cc championship

1 x 125cc championship

I know the boys give Rossi a hard time, and being such a one-eyed, biased fanatic, I understand this.

But the stats speak for themselves.

No matter what is happening with him and the Ducati right now, he will go down in history as one of the greats.

Nothing can change that :)

I would just love to see him handle the red bike like the little blonde git did.

Then I'd really be happy.

The Aussie boys know that for me, I'm happy to see him out there. It will be a sad day for me when VR is no longer on the grid. They give me 5h1t, but it's all in good fun.

Still hate Casey though :BLAA:

Haha im slowly putting it all together. But yeah, I obviously know how many world titles the doctor holds, but I was just stating that in reference to the "holding on too long past his time" comment.

And yeah, Casey Stoner is hard to like, the only thing I like about the crybaby is his wife.