Rossi - 21(31.3%)
Stoner - 23(34.3%)

Podiums
Stoner - 42(62.7%)
Rossi - 47(70.15%)

Poles
Rossi - 14(20.9%)
Stoner - 21(31%3)

Wossi missed 4 races in 2010 compared to Casey's 5 in 2009...

I guess you gotta let the bloke win 1 stat in the era :D

And all that on a piece of crap no-one else could ride!

Oh, and without the help of the best crew Chief ever in Moto GP....Jeremy Burgess... :aus::bow:

Oh, and the might of the second biggest bike manufacturer in the World...

Oh and without preferrential treatment from Dorna...

Yeah, Casey is an underacheiver...that's for sure! :BLAA:

:D

:shakehead:

Don't ya get tired of trying to compare a little whiney blonde girl to Valentino Rossi?

My opinion will never change.

I probably wouldn't mind Stoner as much if he was nicer, BUT, unfortunately, he's a miserable little prick around the paddock. And, before people comment, I have met him several times over several years.

Slight change of topic.

Why are there riders that are so miserable when you meet them in the paddock. They are doing a job, if you can call it that, where most of us where almost pay them for the priviledge of doing. And then they whine, complain and look miserable. Kenny Roberts Jnr and Troy Corser - other examples.

Then there are people like Loris Capirossi, Alex Barros, even Rossi (he signs for fans and has photos taken - never seen him refuse :)). They look like they are having a good time, even when they don't win.

Enjoy it riders. The rest of the world is very jealous and would jump in your shoes at the slighest of chances.

Ok, I'm good :BLAA:

It's easy to forget that Yamaha was the biggest piece of **** in the paddock. Yes, an even bigger piece of **** that the Duc. It was the bike that nobody wanted to race and everybody was passing. But then Rossi showed up and together with Burgess made it the bike it is today, winning 4 championships in the process ... yes, not 1 but 4 :)

I'm yet to hear someone raving about Stoner's precise sensor-like feedback and his profound understanding of the mechanics. But don't feel bad - I'm yet to hear this about any of the other riders on the grid right now :)

Also I find it really cute how you count wins and podiums and stuff but as any racer would tell you, it's not the wins that matter, it's the points and championships. I'll not bring up these statistics as I don't want to burst your happy delusional bubble and make your beloved boy scout look bad :)

Rossi joined Yamaha because it was a challenge ... the biggest challenge at that time. His move to Ducati is just that - another challenge. Vale's conquered his first challenge and judging by the condition the Duc is in, Casey epically failed his. So it's 1:0 for the Italian thus far :) Let's see how long it takes to rub in the 2:0 :BLAA: And have no doubt, it's not a question of "IF", it's a question of "WHEN" :D

I'll be honest, I don't really have high hopes for 2011 due to Rossi's condition but I sure as hell am looking forward to 2012 when the new rules and new bikes will sift the men from the boys :)

P.S.

hahaha love this fan talk :D

Last edited:
Contrary to what the "Aussie" boys say about me, I am actually a realist.

I am a true Rossi fan and would love nothing more than him to take the title in 2011. I honestly don't think this is possible.

I've been a Rossi fanatic since his 125cc days on the Aprillia - things aren't going to change now. I'd watch him race on roller blades. I just enjoy watching him race and watching racing in general.

:)

Wah Wah Wah....Rossi is a spent force...

All you Wossi fans, and your "low expectation" for 2011 for the biggest whinger of them all, is just a smoke screen for the fact, that deep down, you all know he is a spent force....

If he is crap this year, the following will happen....

1. The bike will get blamed...
2. Stoner will get blamed for not developing the bike.
3. Wossi fans will sight the shoulder!

As for the shoulder, if it's f*****, then retire! If your not up to the task, then get the f*** out! Wossi is showing signs of just being in it for the money these days...

Oh, and Kazza, i'd rather Casey as whingey little girl...(your words), than a butt slamming spoilt brat!

Here's a little quote from Melandri, on the Italian Press, and Wossi....After he was asked about Italian Press & race fans being very critical...

" Yes very, very critical. They kill me when i was with Ducati, but now Valentino is there, they say Valentino is right, Ducati has to change the bike. With me, they say i was the problem, so...."

And here lies our problem....all you one eyed, unrealistic Wossi fans have been doing your best to ruin racing at the top level...i will be so glad when Rossi is gone, and the playing field is even again....Wossi is a protected species....till he starts losing all the time! Which should start about now!

Deal with it people, the King is Dead, Hail the new Kings!

:BLAA:

I absolutely admit to being one eyed when it comes to Rossi. I won't make any apologies for that one.

Hello.
My name is Karen.
I am a Rossi-a-holic.

There ya go, first step :)

I can't help how I feel. He is my idol and always will be.

When he's not racing anymore, there will be a huge void in motorsport for me. But I still like motorsport. I love WSB, BSB, Formula 1, Rally - anything with an engine (except Trials......). I'll still be watching. Just won't quite be the same for me.

And Jamie, I agree, Vale is a protected species. But for people like Dorna, imagine the $$$$ they would have missed out on without him there. Every generation has a superstar in every sport. At the moment it's him. In the future, hopefully, it will be some young Aussie kid who is struggling out there at the moment to get a ride in the local 125 races.

As along as we're all talking about motorbike racing, it means it's still good :rockon:

I absolutely admit to being one eyed when it comes to Rossi. I won't make any apologies for that one.

Hello.
My name is Karen.
I am a Rossi-a-holic.

There ya go, first step :)

I can't help how I feel. He is my idol and always will be.

When he's not racing anymore, there will be a huge void in motorsport for me. But I still like motorsport. I love WSB, BSB, Formula 1, Rally - anything with an engine (except Trials......). I'll still be watching. Just won't quite be the same for me.

And Jamie, I agree, Vale is a protected species. But for people like Dorna, imagine the $$$$ they would have missed out on without him there. Every generation has a superstar in every sport. At the moment it's him. In the future, hopefully, it will be some young Aussie kid who is struggling out there at the moment to get a ride in the local 125 races.

As along as we're all talking about motorbike racing, it means it's still good :rockon:

Yes, Dorna is in trouble when Rossi goes, and they know it....but it will only be a momentary hiccup....Remember, Lorenzo is from Spain, and that is the biggest market of all....And Lorenzo is MASSIVELY popular in Spain...is not quite Rossi like just yet, but it aint far off...

They painted a Jumbo jet in Lorenzo's honour after he won the championship this year!!!! Gave him the keys to his home town, etc, etc, etc...

I think what Rossi did to Biaggi, and Melandri is unforgiveable....he saw both of them as a massive threat to his popularity in Italy, so he paid special attention to getting them where he needed them....

In World Superbikes!!!

:(

Lorenzo was a d**k when he was in the lower classes, but I think his PR people deserve a big pay rise - they helped him cheer up and made him learn English. Unfortunately, for most riders, this is a necessity. He made the effort, he started to smile and now he's a clown. I don't mind the guy :)

Lorenzo was a d**k when he was in the lower classes, but I think his PR people deserve a big pay rise - they helped him cheer up and made him learn English. Unfortunately, for most riders, this is a necessity. He made the effort, he started to smile and now he's a clown. I don't mind the guy :)

Yes, a decnt PR team is imperative...Wossi's is awesome, obviously!

Lorenzo is cool, Casey needs a personality transplant, but boy can he ride, and what great taste in SA women he has! :D

Casey makes a good villian anyway, he is a flawed unit, so it suits him well! :eek: And we need a villian!

Simoncelli has the potential to be massively popular, but he doesnt seem to be as smart as Wossi...Wossi is a master manipulator! Probably the best bike racing has seen...

Mick Doohan was also a master manipulator, but in such a different way...he was a mans man, cut from the same cloth as a generation of no nonsense Aussies....

:thumbup:

Mick could come across as a miserable buggar sometimes too. He could crack a smile when he had to though. And when Mike and I met him a few years ago, well, it made Mikes whole trip - and Mick was really busy and in a hurry, but still stopped and signed Mikes hat. Very happy boy he was :)

Simoncelli has the potential to be massively popular, but he doesnt seem to be as smart as Wossi...Wossi is a master manipulator! Probably the best bike racing has seen...

I hope he will be. He's a goofball, but he can race dirty! His former 250 opponents don't like him all that much.

I hope he will be. He's a goofball, but he can race dirty! His former 250 opponents don't like him all that much.

Yeah, he goes hard, has no fear, and is a bit like a scud missile from time to time, but he is exciting to watch, and a bit amusing, cause he doesnt fit the bikes...he is very tall for a bike racer...bit like a big insect hanging onto the bike...and that hair!

And as for the below photo..... :confused:
View attachment 33278

Looks a bit like he went to the same shop as the Griswald's in European Vacation!

:thumbup:

:rof: :rof: hasnt this thread had an eventful day in my absence :D So many things to say but where do I join the banter ;)

I know , how about race 1 of the 2011 season when Casey flogs the crap out the Dorna Koala (protected species) :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:rof: :rof: hasnt this thread had an eventful day in my absence :D So many things to say but where do I join the banter ;)

I know , how about race 1 of the 2011 season when Casey flogs the crap out the Dorna Koala (protected species) :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

How dare you compare a Koala to Wossi! :ban:

Sorry mate , you right.......... Koala's dont sook about what tyres they can & cant win on , but then they are protected enough to get the rules changed :D

Sound familiar ??? ;)

Oh yeah, that's right....like a lil school kid, took his ball, and stomped off to behind the back shed, he did!....

With life long "friend" Ouchio...no doubt!

I've been a Rossi fanatic since his 125cc days on the Aprillia - things aren't going to change now. I'd watch him race on roller blades. I just enjoy watching him race and watching racing in general.

:)

You just enjoy watching HIM in general, that's what you are really saying. :D

Back