Rode US129 "The Dragon" This Weekend

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree, the roads don't have to be super twisty to make for a great ride. I know the area well, some of the other great rides are the Cherehola Skyway, the Foothills Parkway, Little River Road and the road going up and over the National Park (441 I think), and all of the Blue Ridge Parkway).

+1 on the above. Done them all on the FJR, Goldwing, KLR250, 650 Suzuki, haven't had the FZ on them yet but fixing to.. Pay attention, its not hard to go off roading (we've seen many crashes). Cherohola is right next to the Dragon in fun, Foothills and "Top of the world" is also cool... My friend coasted downhill on one mountain 7-8 miles (engine off) and kept up with traffic on his BM'er...

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch. Get that fixed yet?

Got it towed to a shop in Madisonville TN, Ron at Champion Cycles modified a couple clutch disks meant for another bike so that I could get back on the road. Can't say enough good things about him, got it to his shop eleven Friday night, he had me on the road by one Saturday afternoon. Even had his buddy pick me up from the motel.

I've been running on the hillbilly clutch for two thousand km's now and it's been fine. Looking for a replacement online right now actually

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good! Thanks for posting the website. I was there on the 8th and couldn't find photos on any other sites of photographers who are known to be there but they were on this one:thumbup:

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool. Yeah, I think that's a neat little business they have going there. I wouldn't have known about it if not for their banners.

Rerendered my video in HD and tweaked it a touch. I'm getting really, really sick of that song now :). I'm super stoked about Sony Vegas. I've been wanting some video editing software for a long time now.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn1LYeqqZRc]YouTube - Deal's Gap Ride 2010 HD[/ame]