Rode a full blown race/track bike or something

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
At my last track day at Gateway Raceway in Illinois I was talking to one of the Control Riders. He had an 06 CBR 600RR for sale. I joked with him saying I will trade the FZ6 straight up for it. This bike Was stripped of all street legal parts. It had racing rims and Pilot Race tires, suspension revalved for a rider of my weight, stearing damper, sprocket changes, front spring changes, rear sets, braided lines, Akrapovic exhaust, etc. it had 5700 miles with 2000 track.

He approached me and asked if I was serious about trading. He said he would. He let me take it out for a session. First thing I noticed was the seating position. Cramped but aggresive. The brakes were purely amazing, you could one finger brake. After riding two laps I went faster and faster. This thing was SOOO grippy and soo soft of a ride I could of cried. I could crack the throttle way sooner in the turn and way harder. Knee draggin was a sinch.

I decided not to trade so I would not have to sacrafice my street riding. I will be getting my racing license next spring and will be looking for sponsors.

Thanks to ELIZABETH I have pictures :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is why I want to spend a year at the track with the FZ instead of upgrading to a true supersport just yet.

When I finally do get a true supersport that is tuned for the track.....I will feel like crying. I will have the skills built up to take advantage of the advantages it will offer. Best to learn on something that requires more skill. Knee dragging on an FZ6 with proper braking and entry to corner and proper exit on throttle will allow me to really push myself on a true supersport. Hopefully by the end of next season ill be at that point.

thanks for posting man. got the juices flowing haha. cheers.