Roadkill Stories

seacliff

Reaction score
Visit site
Seacliff - Oops, yes I have seen a moose, and I hope to never meet one on the road - not even while driving because I hear they're so tall they go right through the windshield. When I was starting the thread LATE last night I guess I was going more for funny than for accuracy. Aside from that I was forgetting that you guys up north use metric units but also have really big things including grizzly bears. :eek:

I was also forgetting that we have members from Africa, and maybe Andz or somebody has a story about an elephant or a water buffalo. :eek::eek::eek:

Then again, Lawlberg in Ohio has to deal with gigantic one pounder chipmunks.;)

I was trying to be funny as well.. I guess it doesn't work as good in text :spank:

Moose are pretty tough beast.. There's more then one case of cars hitting them directly, highway speed (100 kph / 60mph) and it just walks away from the crash :eek:
And, last summer, a case where a black bear (not so big compared to grizzly) that killed a passenger when a car hit it.. The sad part? the passenger was sitting in the rear seat and the bear went through the windshield .. :eek:

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
So math is fuzzy, I'm noticing problems with your calculation here - only 10 points for not going down - seems a bit low - should be a factor of mass of the beast. Anyway

40mph X 160lbs (estimated) + 10 (not down) + ~500 in repair costs + 2 hours in the ER (.25) + gear didn't matter + 5 (fire department ate it) = 6915.25 + 1000 (self assigned for getting the head mounted) = 7915.25 arbitrary internet points.

dakotadog

Reaction score
Visit site
1978-ish. Not me, but my uncle, on my dad's Triumph 650 Bonneville, 2up. T-boned at highway speed by an 8 point buck. Killed the deer. My uncle and his rider were in the hospital for three days, as I recall. That Truimph was wrecked at least three times by either my uncles or my dad, nearly killed them all. The day I turned 16, he sold it, wouldn't let me near it.

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So math is fuzzy, I'm noticing problems with your calculation here - only 10 points for not going down - seems a bit low - should be a factor of mass of the beast. Anyway

40mph X 160lbs (estimated) + 10 (not down) + ~500 in repair costs + 2 hours in the ER (.25) + gear didn't matter + 5 (fire department ate it) = 6915.25 + 1000 (self assigned for getting the head mounted) = 7915.25 arbitrary internet points.

Hmmm, complaining about the calculation.... I'd accuse you of being an engineer but then you exhibit some outside the box thinking and assign points for having mounted the head. Now THAT's a trophy!!!

I agree with the thousand points for the trophy. I think you could have done a multiple on the eating score. Having the FD guys put the beast on the menu is extra special, almost a far out as having the trophy for your wall.

Bruises healed? Bike back up yet?

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm, complaining about the calculation.... I'd accuse you of being an engineer but then you exhibit some outside the box thinking and assign points for having mounted the head. Now THAT's a trophy!!!

I agree with the thousand points for the trophy. I think you could have done a multiple on the eating score. Having the FD guys put the beast on the menu is extra special, almost a far out as having the trophy for your wall.

Bruises healed? Bike back up yet?

Bike still in pieces - Still limping with a sore knee - but the mount is finished and hung (looks a bit janky but zip ties aren't a foreign concept to that bike)

IMAG1391.jpg