right hand

You can start with Grip Puppies and some some sort of gel gloves, but really just using your stomach muscles more to keep from putting too much weight on the bars is the way to go. Or so I understand it.... I can't seem to do that for long myself.

I agree, I believe it comes from leaning on the bars too long. Try squeezing the tank with your knees, kick in the stomach muscles to take the weight off the hands. Also, I try pressing the hand sideways into the grip and wiggle my fingers every so often to change the loading. Everyone has a different technique I'm sure.

Dont grip the bars hard either. That helps alot. Loose relaxed arms, and a gentle grip.

You want to be able to do the chicken dance with your elbows. I had that problem when I first started. Now I can ride for hours with no problems in my hands or arms. Just my butt complains.

i think the fz1 handlebars would do well to help as well. as it is the fz6 handlebars put a bend in at the wrist

I agree, I believe it comes from leaning on the bars too long. Try squeezing the tank with your knees, kick in the stomach muscles to take the weight off the hands. Also, I try pressing the hand sideways into the grip and wiggle my fingers every so often to change the loading. Everyone has a different technique I'm sure.

Dont grip the bars hard either. That helps alot. Loose relaxed arms, and a gentle grip.

You want to be able to do the chicken dance with your elbows. I had that problem when I first started. Now I can ride for hours with no problems in my hands or arms. Just my butt complains.

+10000 :thumbup:

My right hand keeps falling asleep after about 20miles. Any suggestions?

Sit more upright, use muscles in your back to keep pressure off your hands and put the pressure onto your legs instead. You can also loosen the straps in your gloves and try not to grip the throttle too tightly. All these will definately work for you. Its all about positioning.

Here is what I have been told by these more experienced guys on the site and what I have tried and found to work. I have been told to try the grip puppies unfortunatly I havnt tried them yet. It does make since them being like a cushing and making the grips a little bigger to help aid with not having to close your hand as much. I have been told also my posture on the bike matters. It does I have found that to be true for sure. I have bad posture off the bike so its hard but I am reminding my self more on the bike to use the inner parts of my legs to grasp the tank and my back muscles to help keep my weight off my hands. I can ride much long now but if I get lazy and start leaning on my hands again I have to shortly stop to rest them. Also check your gloves if you wear any. They may be to tight? Mine are for sure they are cutting the blood flow from my hands and fingers. I have to get more but I payed 60 bucks for the ones I have and have yet found the cash to blow on another pair. When you wear the gloves for a while take them off. If the gloves are leaving bad deep impressions in the skin more than likely there way to tight. Hell I am going to see about getting the grip puppies tomorrow. If I do and try them I will let you guys know how they work for me. :)

You have to let your right hand rest and use the left one more often... :scared: What? Ohh you talking about riding?...:D
Well i have the same issue, my right hand goes to sleep more than the left...Next time i'll try to use my legs and back more to hold me upright and not put as much weight on my arms/wrists/hands and see how that goes.

I used to have this problem when I first started riding a sport bike. I would rest all of my weight on the handle bars, very bad habit. Like everyone else has said, its all about good riding posture. When I ride now, there is no weight on my hands and I can go quite some distance before my neck goes numb from the vibrations.

As others have said, most times it can be cured by adjusting your riding...but sometimes people can't seem to kick it. It's hard to type if you're doing a hand-stand just like it's hard to be smooth on the controls if you've got too much weight on your hands. Experiment with your riding and perhaps try some of the products people have suggested.

Back