Riding Highway 1 in May

CMH

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm moving from Southern Oregon to Arizona this summer and instead of putting my FZ on a trailer (what a waste) my friend from AZ is buying a bike here in OR and we are planning a road-trip. We don't have much of a plan yet and could use some advice, any input on how the weather usually is in the middle of May (14ish) to where the good stops are would be welcome. I'm not sure if we are taking the coast all the way down from Crescent city or going further South before we head West, in my experience the CA/OR coast is pretty cold and rainy most of the year so I'd just as soon take the I-5 down a ways and cut over to Eureka if it'll be any better. We are planning on making this trip somewhere around 5-7 days and we aren't opposed to camping along the way. If anyone has any experience or ideas or would even like to meet up and ride along for a while let me know!

CMH

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! Is that better than just hugging the coastline? I've never done it so I don't know what the pros and cons are. Obviously I'd like to avoid super congested areas as often as possible.