Rider Etiquete Kwestion

Ant

06 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Let's say you're a newbie (me) and you're havin a good time on some 2 lane road
in the foothills doing a wee bit over the speed limit but staying in rookie limits.

Now coming up behind you is a so called fellow rider hauling ***. There's no turnouts for me to pull over soooooo do I just slow down and get as far right as possible in my lane and wave him on?

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Hell no...you drop down a coupla cogs, crank open your throttle and flip him the bird. :D
(in my dreams...:rolleyes: )
I will generally just move over to the right and wave him/her by.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
Hell no...you drop down a coupla cogs, crank open your throttle and flip him the bird.

LOL :thumbup:

I haven't had anyone pass me yet but if they have the need for speed I'll wave them by.

I'll tell whats's weird is when I'm behind a fellow rider who I don't know and we're approaching a stop light that has turned red, they always hog the lane and act like I'm going to mug them if they let me pull up next to them at the stop. Does this happen to any of you? When I see a fellow rider behind me and I'm coming up to a stop signor light I move over and give them room to pull up next to me as a courtesy. Most of the time I actualy have to wave them up because although I give them the room they'll still stop behind me.

What up wid dat?:confused:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL :thumbup:

I haven't had anyone pass me yet but if they have the need for speed I'll wave them by.

I'll tell whats's weird is when I'm behind a fellow rider who I don't know and we're approaching a stop light that has turned red, they always hog the lane and act like I'm going to mug them if they let me pull up next to them at the stop. Does this happen to any of you? When I see a fellow rider behind me and I'm coming up to a stop signor light I move over and give them room to pull up next to me as a courtesy. Most of the time I actualy have to wave them up because although I give them the room they'll still stop behind me.

What up wid dat?:confused:

If I'm in front and come up to a light, I will favor the left side of the lane and let the rider behind me scoot up alongside of me if he chooses to do so. However, I will go first when it turns green so that it's a staggered start. If I come up alongside another rider, I will let him go first.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
generally speaking if I do not know the other rider at a traffic signal I hang to the left but do not make any indication to have them come along side.

Since I do not know them or their riding skill level not sure I want them beside me when the light changes.

as to the rider coming up form behind.... I move to the right and wave them on.

W

wrightme43

Like everybody else, just slip over and wave them by. One thing to remember, some people are idiots, sometimes people see another bike and have to catch and pass it. Dont ride outside of your limit. Also if someone is in front of you look thru them, dont watch them and be prepared if they bust out stupid and wreck to look thru the turn and drive thru then stop. Never watch a wreck or you will probley get to participate. LOL

W

wrightme43

On the people that dont share, most of them have probley never read any books, or forums, or do anything to become better riders. I meet the rare person who takes it seriously and does, but most of them just dont.

For example the advice NEVER use the front brake was given to me, and a bunch of older harley dudes nodded agrement and looked wise. I was able to make my face not do the oh my God you people are retarded look.