Ride Footage

tdcampbe

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I just bought a Nabi Square HD camera. You probably haven't heard of it but it is much like a GoPro. Specs are decent and much cheaper than GoPro. I picked mine up for 50 bucks so for that, I don't think you can beat it.
It uses all the GoPro mounts and is expandable up to 32gb. The only complaint I have is the sound quality. I have a full Scorpion system on my FZ6 so as many of you know, the tone of the bike is much deeper (and louder) than this video leads you to believe.
Let me know what you think. This is just my short ride to work this morning. Nothing special. Make sure you watch in 1080p.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp654yuZV60"]FZ6 Ride to Work, Nabi Square HD - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

tdcampbe

Reaction score
Visit site
I got it from a website called woot.com. I believe it is like a deal of the day website. I saw a link to it on one of my rss feeds I read daily and instantly bought one. Wish I would have bought 2.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Woot is a great website. Unfortunately they do daily deals so I imagine it's too late now. There are other sites like 1saleaday which I have used before that have good deals.

imatt

Not a Junior Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can the stability be turned off? Or did you add that in post. The detail/quality looks great for $50, but that stability effect is a deal breaker.(IF it can't be disabled.) Congrats on getting it mounted, I was super excited when I first mounted my camera. I immediately had to go out for a ride.... and also got hit by a car on that same ride.

tdcampbe

Reaction score
Visit site
The stability effect is a youtube thing. Not the camera. It can be turned off.

As for the not wearing pants thing. No, I don't wear pants every time I ride. Most of the time I do but then again, there are a lot of times I don't. I don't have an excuse as to why I don't wear them, I just don't. I wear gloves every time I ride simply for grip factor. If I don't wear gloves, I have to grip the throttle much tighter cramping my right hand to the point where I can no longer feel it. So in my book, gloves>pants. Not saying you have to choose one or the other. Just that I don't like wearing pants.
I have had a lot of buddies go down while wearing jeans. Not riding pants, just jeans. Have you ever seen what jeans do to help in road rash? It's not much. Honestly, its extremely little.
If your argument is for protection, it should be an "all or nothing" argument. As in, ALWAYS wear full leathers with pads built in. You mentioned my lack of wearing pants but said nothing of my tee shirt. How are you ok with no jacket but not ok with shorts?
Anyways, to each his own. Thanks for viewing the vid though. I am pretty proud of my 50 dollar purchase.