Ride feel after these mods

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Fellow riders,

I have a maybe a Noob question:
Am hitting my 10th month into riding, and I am getting new tires installed this saturday (pirelli diablo strada) along with new DID x ring chain and sprockets (530), with 16K mile service and front brakes. I have bought this bike used with 9900 Miles and I love it. But I have never had a brand new bike before and I don't know how brand new bike ride feels like, will these mods change ride to better?
Its given that changing new tires will but what about the chain and sprockets? Will I notice a difference.
I am just trying to get some feedback about this, because as a 29 year old male I feel like a little kid when it comes to new mods on my bike. I am thrilled to be a rider. Part of my life now.
Thanks.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BIG WARNING....and the tyre dealership should tell you aswell.

When you get your new tyres on take it really easy because they can be as slippery as hell for a while. It is caused by the residue from the tyre molds. Imagine you are riding on snow for a couple of days. You will see when the residue has gone because the the centre tread will change to a different txture and go lighter.

Be careful.

Steve

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Depends upon the type of tires. I did feel a bit difference with my BT-016, the bike sticks like a velcro in the corners. However with the chain, I don't think so. But I do feel an improvement in shifting and overall smoothness everytime I align my wheels and clean and wax the chain.