RF-1000 For Sale

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I bought a Shoei RF-1000 when I bought my Fz6 in June. Of course, in the mad rush to get on the bike, I barely tried it on. After riding for a month and having the thing start lifting at 80MPH, I decided to go pick up a medium.

This one is Matte Black, size L, and has about ~600 miles on it. New cheek pads were placed today as I switched them from my new helmet.

I was thinking of starting at $200 (retails at $374) plus shipping. I will ship with bag, original manuals, etc. in the new box. If no one makes an offer, it hits Ebay at $250. Figured I could discount for my forum brethren.

It's in perfect condition, and has been treated with baby-like care, just like my fizzer. Never seen the ground, and bugs were removed with the quickest haste.

PayPal preferred.

Let me know,

Scorp

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck!

FYI, you can find RF-1000 (flat black or with graphics) brand new for less than $300... I think I even saw a bunch at Cycle Gear for $249... so I doubt you'll find someone ready to buy is used for $250, or even $225. It's a used helmet... it's like used underwear you know :)

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
model lists at 349.00 on cycle gear.

Just saying. ;)

And I got to try. It's a beautiful helmet and the noise reduction is excellent. Went with the exact same model in blue. Dealer dropped it to $330 before tax because he felt bad about their absolute "NO RETURNS!" on helmets.

Others on this forum have sold around that price or higher, so I figured someone in need of a "like-new" bad ass helmet would like a hundred bucks off.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Cycle gear does have a 7 day no hassle exchange/return policy on helmets for exactly this reason. I have owned 2 RF-1000's and absolutely love this helmet. Good weight, good wind reduction, and very little wind buffeting. If you asked about two months ago, I would have taken this off of you as I just bought a new one. good luck with the sale!

GSBandit6

Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck with the sale, just wanted to back up what rsw81 said. I just replaced my HJC CL-15 with one of these and it's a great helmet. It's quiet, light and eliminated the hot spots I was getting with the HJC. I paid condiserably more for my graphic RF-1000, and would do it again. This will make someone a great helmet. If you are curious of fit, it's a little more oblong than the HJC CL line, but not as oval as Shoei's X-11.

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
GSBandit6 and rsw81,

Couldn't agree with you both more. The medium I got fits perfectly and its just perfect. Don't even notice I am wearing it. And, from experience I can tell you that this helmet protects as well as it feels. I was wearing an earlier model a few years ago when I was t-boned by a drunk who blew a red light at 54 MPH (according to the skid marks) and was launched ten feet in the air. Did a couple flips before coming down directly on my head. Helmet only had a 2 inch crack. Wish I had a "helmet" for my left leg, torn ligaments are a biyatch to rehab. That's why when I picked up the bike I immediately purchased another one to appease my parents. Just wish I didn't rush the purchase and measured first, otherwise I wouldn't be selling this one.

For those that are interested, this is the link to the fitting guidelines. I trust them as it worked for me.

Shoei Helmet Sizing Guides - X11 RF1000 Hornet X-eleven Helmets

I'm 22.5 and the medium is perfect. Large was just a little scary at higher speeds.

Happy riding everyone, it is a beautiful day in Chi-town.

P.S. rsw81, Hebrew Hammer got me through a two hour line at the Canadian Border last year. :)
Scorp

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
oso2k,

Tried both. So tight the strap even cut my neck, and tried the 39MM pads. It wasn't so loose in the cheeks, as it just moved to much in the vertical line.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Scorp