Rewired. Won't start. Shoot me in face please.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, for those of you who don't know me I am Lone from SuperTech Auto. I take simple ordinary tasks and blow them wayyyyyy out of proportion.

For example, the other day I was trying to adjust my chain (the first time I had done it myself personally). Rather than follow the simple and clear instructions, I plowed ahead and eventually proceeded to having virtually the entire rear wheel removed.

Well, I eventually got it all put together and had a nice ride after it all.

But nowwwww, I've decided to put my fairing back together until I can FINALLY afford to do all the 30 mods I want to do a month or two down the line.

So I disconnected all the wires, and put the fairing back on and now the bike is in this state:

1) Fairings are half on and dangling.

2) Bike wont start.

3) All wires connected in the right way (I think) they all are in the things that fit them and lined up nicely.

4) Display lights up when I turn key, but bike doesn't make the "whirring" noise and then when I press the starter button nothing happens, even tho the display is lit up).

5) Horn works.

6) Honk honk. See? Horn works.

I should mention I had some water get in from the tape I had around it that had some rainwater still in there (and maybe the fact I washed the front half of the bike while the wires were all disconnected).

Is there some magic breaker or fuse I can just reset to make it work again?

Help meeeeeeeeeeeeee.
:(

Last edited:

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, for those of you who don't know me I am Lone from SuperTech Auto. I take simple ordinary tasks and blow them wayyyyyy out of proportion.

For example, the other day I was trying to adjust my chain (the first time I had done it myself personally). Rather than follow the simple and clear instructions, I plowed ahead and eventually proceeded to having virtually the entire rear wheel removed.

Well, I eventually got it all put together and had a nice ride after it all.

But nowwwww, I've decided to put my fairing back together until I can FINALLY afford to do all the 30 mods I want to do a month or two down the line.

So I disconnected all the wires, and put the fairing back on and now the bike is in this state:

1) Fairings are half on and dangling.

2) Bike wont start.

3) All wires connected in the right way (I think) they all are in the things that fit them and lined up nicely.

4) Display lights up when I turn key, but bike doesn't make the "whirring" noise and then when I press the starter button nothing happens, even tho the display is lit up).

5) Horn works.

6) Honk honk. See? Horn works.

I should mention I had some water get in from the tape I had around it that had some rainwater still in there (and maybe the fact I washed the front half of the bike while the wires were all disconnected).

Is there some magic breaker or fuse I can just reset to make it work again?

Help meeeeeeeeeeeeee.
:(
I can't help you except to tell you that your thread title made me LOL, because I often joke with my buddies on the IM while working on the software product we deal with by pasting the cryptic error messages from our custom framework and appending "(Shoot yourself in the face)" to them.

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
Push the easy button!

Sorry man...

What wires were you messing with and why? What was the end goal? Were you working under the tank at all? Installing what?

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Push the easy button!

Sorry man...

What wires were you messing with and why? What was the end goal? Were you working under the tank at all? Installing what?

Everything forward of the seat. All the stuff that goes around the forks and connects headlights and turn signals etc etc etc.

Why? Because I'm Lone from SuperTech Auto, that's why. What a silly question to ask!

P.S. turn signals work.

Somebody help meeeeeeeeeee

How do I reset the breaker/fuse?

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
Everything forward of the seat. All the stuff that goes around the forks and connects headlights and turn signals etc etc etc.

Why? Because I'm Lone from SuperTech Auto, that's why. What a silly question to ask!

P.S. turn signals work.

Somebody help meeeeeeeeeee

How do I reset the breaker/fuse?

Sorry man haha I didn't mean to call you out with the "why?", hell I love modding as much as the next guy! Just trying to get an idea of the wires you were tweaking. Did you cut anything?

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
PROBLEM IS FIXED

I had accidentally hit the red kill switch while working on the bike.

Ok, can someone please shoot me in the face now please?

Or at least get me a time machine so I can get the last hour of my life back.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ROFL....I don't drink......I'm just naturally this way.

:D

I wanted nothing more than to go for a spin today. Who knew it'd be so frakking complicated getting the wiring back into decent positions....there's so damned much of it. Frak me sideways.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, don't get wrong, I used to. But it just makes me worse. One day I jumped into a lake....while having a cigarette after coming back from the clubs.....because I had to go after my shoe.....which had landed in the lake after I tried throwing it at a friend of mine.....but had missed by about the width of a barn.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
oh wow.... yeah you need Ritalin not booze.

haha, yeah Ive been told that many a time by family members. One of my cousins best friends was me exactly then started taking Ritalin and is now a corporate lawyer and on boards and committees for all kinds of fancy stuff.

I once took some ADD meds to help study for exams during a final 48 hour crunch this semester. That stuff is amazing!! Too bad it's pretty much just legalized amphetamines.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
haha, yeah Ive been told that many a time by family members. One of my cousins best friends was me exactly then started taking Ritalin and is now a corporate lawyer and on boards and committees for all kinds of fancy stuff.

I once took some ADD meds to help study for exams during a final 48 hour crunch this semester. That stuff is amazing!! Too bad it's pretty much just legalized amphetamines.

spent a good part of my life on ritalin then concerta. works pretty good.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lone! You never fail to brighten my day or night! :rockon:

:rof: Why? Because you're Lone from SuperTech Auto, that's why. :rof: