Restrictor on FZ6

Topbox

Reaction score
Visit site
just thought i might start a thread for anyone who has or is thinking of getting restrictor kit on there FZ6 if they are thinking of getting one.

well a few things, i find compared to my 125 there was a major power difference when i went on it for the 1st time, however i've gotten much used to it now so there isn't much difference i feel.

i can top around the 103mph mark and find it a comfortable cruising at 80mph with ease sometime at 90mph (if it behaves :L), so all in all its a good idea to have this bike with a restrictor kit if you are thinking of having a 600cc bike restricted.

one trick i find with the gears is look for sings as to what gear you are in for example i know that i'm in sixth gear if in doing around 55mph at the 5,000rpm mark....yeah you could go and try gear up but then you are pulling in the clutch unnecessarily which could cause problems.

anything else people wanna know or add then please post them because although your help people you might also help me with some new information :L

goodwano

Reaction score
Visit site
yes good question when in neutral how high does it rev could you get a pic of revometer and a pic of your restrictor fitted?

im thinking of creating my own as all thanks!:thumbup:

Topbox

Reaction score
Visit site
well when i'm neutral i can rev it the entire way to its max rev power, rev limits shall vary on each of the gears so what ill do i ill go out for a ride and try and get a rough or exact idea on each of gears and there rev limit :)

Topbox

Reaction score
Visit site
yes good question when in neutral how high does it rev could you get a pic of revometer and a pic of your restrictor fitted?

im thinking of creating my own as all thanks!:thumbup:

i cant get a pick of the restrictor itself because of the location that it's in....but i shall get a pic of the highest rev it goes to in neutral or as high as i can get it :)

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
probably not a good idea to do that in neutral, ride it on a long straight road and see what it hits in 2nd, that way you have some loading on the engine

you can also work out the revs from the speed

Grouse

Reaction score
Visit site
The restrictor should limit the bike to around 33BHP this will mean that the rev limit will be lower in the higher gears. It will be interesting to see by just how much. I give you a few moor weeks before you want to remove it and try the the full 90+BHP:innocent:

Topbox

Reaction score
Visit site
The restrictor should limit the bike to around 33BHP this will mean that the rev limit will be lower in the higher gears. It will be interesting to see by just how much. I give you a few moor weeks before you want to remove it and try the the full 90+BHP:innocent:

Agreed, I do want to know what I can get out of it with the 90bhp :(, but there is too much ris if I do decide to take it off as it's not the smartest idea so I'll just have to wait and see :L

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
how does pulling the clutch in at cruising speeds (even if it is to attempt to shift into 7th gear) cause "problems"? do you mean damage to the engine, excessive wear, or ?

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
look at it this way, you get a brand new bike once your 2years is up and your bike is unrestricted

if you taste the power now though it may be hard to go back

if it helps, i want more power from my (unrestricted) fz6 :D

goodwano

Reaction score
Visit site
well when i'm neutral i can rev it the entire way to its max rev power, rev limits shall vary on each of the gears so what ill do i ill go out for a ride and try and get a rough or exact idea on each of gears and there rev limit :)

Any luck with this mate?

Daffee

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a restricted Fazer, and it revs all the way to 14000 in first and second, but then it can't in the other gear, it has a throttle restrictor on it, so the only thing that limits the bike is the amount of throttle you can give it. I ve had a sneaky try on the bike unrestricted and compared to that the acceleration feels painfully slow, but one good thing about the restriction is that it teaches me to carry speed through corners, otherwise i may get tempted to be lazy.